Otrium is a purpose-led business – we see a future where all clothing is worn.
Every year, billions of items are produced globally but are never sold. Clothing goes unworn and often ends up in landfills. This is a huge waste of creative energy, labor, natural resources and investment. Otrium is changing fashion from the inside out: we are an online fashion outlet marketplace and we tech-enable designer brands to find an owner for every item they produce.
Our global business
Founded in Amsterdam and headquartered in the cloud, Otrium also has hubs in New York and London. As a digital-first company, we work around the globe and don’t need to limit our HQ to one location or a single hub. We want to ensure our O-team can work in a way that best fits their needs, whether that’s remote-first, hub-first, or hybrid (50/50).
Otrium is also committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse community of employees with a strong sense of belonging. We believe we are bettered by all forms of diversity, and take pride in working with talent from every walk of life and corner of the world. In the spirit of inclusivity, qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, ethnicity, ability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, nationality, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
Here’s to freedom, flexibility, and global inclusivity!
As a Pricing Analyst Intern, you will be part of the Pricing team, helping the team find impactful insights, collecting an understanding of consumer behavior, and helping different stakeholders with their pricing queries.
You will ensure we have the right prices in place and help our sales team with insights to further improve pricing on our platform. Next to that, you will help us research strategic pricing topics to further improve our pricing engine in the future. This could be part of your thesis too, if you need it/want to.
At Otrium, no two days are the same. The following tasks will be part of your new role.
- Analysis and execution of various projects linked to the improvement of pricing strategies at Otrium for both global fashion brands as well as boutique labels
- Improve pricing processes to further accelerate the growth
- Collecting data from different sources, creating dashboards, and converting this into actionable insights
- You will work closely with the Pricing team, but you also interact a lot with the other teams involved in the implementation of optimization projects
- Around 60% of your time will be spent ensuring we have the best pricing on the market and the other 40% can be used to conduct research to make strategic pricing improvements
- Studying a Master in Business Administration, Economics, Engineering or another mathematics-related degree at a Dutch university
- Available for a 6 months internship, 40h/week, starting in May/June 2023
- You have analytical skills and strong attention to detail, as well as a hands-on mentality
- Good command of Excel. Basic SQL and Python knowledge is a plus
- Your communication strength enables you to exchange information with internal teams as well as with external partners
- Ability to prioritize tasks and raise concerns/questions where appropriate
Every member of the O-team uses our values in their everyday working lives. They act as our internal manifesto to help us think about how we act as a collective team, and they link directly to our mission: All clothing should be worn.
- #Only together - We are a human business. We are empathetic. We are inclusive. We care about each other, our customers and partners. We know that developing innovative solutions in today’s fast-pace world is complex. It takes more than one person to succeed!
- #Humble and Real - We are grateful, we are humble, we are open. We listen, we learn, we share. We’re modest and always open to the possibilities and different perspectives.
- #We own it - We are passionate, high performing, we drive for output. We bring things home! We are agile and adaptable problem solvers. Prepared to fail and learn fast, we embrace and share mistakes so that we learn from them.
Excited about what you're reading? Let us know more about who you are and why we should work together!
We look forward to hearing from you!