Otrium is a purpose-led business – we see a future where all clothing is worn.
Every year, billions of items are produced globally but are never sold. Clothing goes unworn and often ends up in landfills. This is a huge waste of creative energy, labor, natural resources and investment. Otrium is changing fashion from the inside out: we are an online fashion outlet marketplace and we tech-enable designer brands to find an owner for every item they produce.
Our global business
Founded in Amsterdam and headquartered in the cloud, Otrium also has hubs in New York and London. As a digital-first company, we work around the globe and don’t need to limit our HQ to one location or a single hub. We want to ensure our O-team can work in a way that best fits their needs, whether that’s remote-first, hub-first, or hybrid (50/50).
Otrium is also committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse community of employees with a strong sense of belonging. We believe we are bettered by all forms of diversity, and take pride in working with talent from every walk of life and corner of the world. In the spirit of inclusivity, qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, ethnicity, ability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, nationality, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
Here’s to freedom, flexibility, and global inclusivity!
At Otrium, we don’t blindly fall in love with ideas, we listen to what the data tells us. As a Business Intelligence Engineer at Otrium, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring data-driven decision making at Otrium. You will be a part of the growing Business Intelligence team and work on maintaining & elevating the data warehouse, building big data ETL pipelines, creating dashboards and answering complex questions about our customers and our business.
- You will develop robust end-to-end BI & Analytics solutions according to requirements or proactively to support a variety of stakeholders make data-driven decisions
- You will be the go-to person for all aspects of the DWH (single source of truth) –design, performance, data quality
- You will build and optimize ‘big data’ ETL pipelines in Spark - consolidate data relating to the business from disparate sources, collaborate with teams to integrate more data sources
- You will leverage analytics & machine learning to answer complex questions about our customers and our business
- You will implement Looker models, create dashboards with actionable insights and facilitate self-service BI
- You will ensure that company-wide reporting & department-specific reporting is available in a timely manner
- The BI team’s technology stack –Redshift, Spark, Looker, R/Python
Your experience, knowledge & skills
- 6+ years of professional experience in a comparable BI Engineer or Data Engineer role in a fast-paced and dynamic business setting
- Profound understanding of databases (relational, column-based, NoSQL), DWH design, SQL querying and optimization
- Experience with big data tools and writing code for big data ETL pipelines using Spark/Scala/Hadoop
- Dash-boarding & storytelling skills (experience in Looker would be an advantage)
- Working knowledge of scalable BI&A infrastructure, APIs, workflow management tools, message queuing, stream processing, and ‘big data’ data stores
- Bonus points for experience in performing complex analyses, statistical techniques and implementing machine learning models in Python/R
- Bonus points for relevant Master’s degree with a strong quantitative orientation (e.g., business, economics, tech, data, econometrics, mathematics, physics);
- Bonus points for relevant industry knowledge (marketing, pricing, strategy, supply chain, etc.)
- You possess strong quantitative & problem solving skills
- You are solutions-oriented, a self-starter and have an eye for detail
- You are a quick learner, motivated and enjoy working with new technologies
- You are able to and enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic and international team environment
- You have excellent communication skills in English (written and verbal)and are able to effectively communicate technical subject matter to technical & business stakeholders
Every member of the O-team uses our values in their everyday working lives. They act as our internal manifesto to help us think about how we act as a collective team, and they link directly to our mission: All clothing should be worn.
- #Only together - We are a human business. We are empathetic. We are inclusive. We care about each other, our customers and partners. We know that developing innovative solutions in today’s fast-pace world is complex. It takes more than one person to succeed!
- #Humble and Real - We are grateful, we are humble, we are open. We listen, we learn, we share. We’re modest and always open to the possibilities and different perspectives.
- #We own it - We are passionate, high performing, we drive for output. We bring things home! We are agile and adaptable problem solvers. Prepared to fail and learn fast, we embrace and share mistakes so that we learn from them.
Excited about what you're reading? Let us know more about who you are and why we should work together!
We look forward to hearing from you!