Otrium is a purpose-led business – we see a future where all clothing is worn.
Every year, billions of items are produced globally but are never sold. Clothing goes unworn and often ends up in landfills. This is a huge waste of creative energy, labor, natural resources and investment. Otrium is changing fashion from the inside out: we are an online fashion outlet marketplace and we tech-enable designer brands to find an owner for every item they produce.
Our global business
Founded in Amsterdam and headquartered in the cloud, Otrium also has hubs in New York and London. As a digital-first company, we work around the globe and don’t need to limit our HQ to one location or a single hub. We want to ensure our O-team can work in a way that best fits their needs, whether that’s remote-first, hub-first, or hybrid (50/50).
Otrium is also committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse community of employees with a strong sense of belonging. We believe we are bettered by all forms of diversity, and take pride in working with talent from every walk of life and corner of the world. In the spirit of inclusivity, qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, ethnicity, ability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, nationality, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
Here’s to freedom, flexibility, and global inclusivity!
Do you have a passion for e-commerce and like to gain practical experience about data driven growth? Then, you might be the intern we are looking for. We are looking for an intern who will help Otrium to the next level by turning customer data into actionable insights. A unique opportunity to gain an inside perspective on an e-commerce startup and build up deep functional expertise. In short, a fun and educational internship in the heart of the company where you help to further accelerate Otrium's growth through data driven decision making.
The following tasks will be part of your new role:
- Develop statistical models and reports and tools on top of our Amazon Redshift Data Warehouse using languages such as SQL, Python, MLFlow and Sagemaker.
- Implement new data analysis methodologies and monitor analytics and metrics results.
- Develop policies and procedures for the collection and analysis of data.
- Create or discover new data procurement and processing programs.
- Cooperate with IT department to deploy software and hardware upgrades that make it possible to leverage big data use cases.
- Review customer files to ensure integrity of data collection and utilization.
- Perform data profiling to identify and understand anomalies.
- Oversee the deployment of data to the data warehouse.
- Review and validate customer data as it’s collected.
- You are an enrolled student with an academic background in Marketing Intelligence and/or data science. Preferably an academic quantitative degree (MSc) in Econometrics, Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science or another related field with a strong emphasis on advanced quantitative analysis.
- Some experience in technologies/programming languages such as Python, Amazon AWS, is highly appreciated.
- Knowledge of SQL and Business Intelligence tools like Mode and Looker or any other visualization tool is also highly appreciated.
- Being able to do in-depth analysis, for example, performance analysis of retention team, CLV, cluster, churn analysis, forecast and modelling.
- Critical-thinking and problem-solving, structured and solution-oriented thinking, critical questioning and focusing on ongoing development.
- You work well in an agile environment.
- You have a positive mindset and enjoy working in an international and multicultural environment.
- Strong requirement: Residence in the Netherlands.
What can you expect from us?
- Learn and work at one of the fastest growing (fashion) start-ups in the Netherlands.
- You will get great guidance and the opportunity to learn a lot.
- Get to know all facets of sales and online retail.
- You will get responsibility for various tasks.
- You receive a competitive internship allowance, plus there's full-time hire potential!
Our values: #WearIt
Every member of the O-team uses our values in their everyday working lives. They act as our internal manifesto to help us think about how we act as a collective team, and they link directly to our mission: All clothing should be worn.
- #Wins are celebrated. Next to working together, we celebrate our success together. With every target we make and record we break, we celebrate!
- #Embrace mistakes. Not only do we celebrate our successes, but we also make sure Otrium is a safe space to embrace our challenges and difficulties together.
- #Amaze our customers. You will be part of an enthusiastic and highly ambitious team with a growth and entrepreneurial mindset, ensuring that all clothing is worn by happy customers.
- #Rely on data. As a purpose-led business committed to addressing the issue of unsold inventory, we don’t blindly fall in love with ideas: we listen to what the data tells us and provide input back into the industry.
- #Impact on a global scale. The possibility to learn, grow, and contribute to one of the fastest-growing startups in Europe, and soon the US (with your help!).
- #Take ownership. Freedom and responsibility: we believe in ownership, so we will give you full responsibility to make sure you can get the job done.
Excited about what you're reading? Let us know more about who you are and why we should work together!
We look forward to hearing from you!