Otrium is a purpose-led business – we see a future where all clothing is worn.
Every year, billions of items are produced globally but are never sold. Clothing goes unworn and often ends up in landfills. This is a huge waste of creative energy, labor, natural resources and investment. Otrium is changing fashion from the inside out: we are an online fashion outlet marketplace and we tech-enable designer brands to find an owner for every item they produce.
Our global business
Founded in Amsterdam and headquartered in the cloud, Otrium also has hubs in New York and London. As a digital-first company, we work around the globe and don’t need to limit our HQ to one location or a single hub. We want to ensure our O-team can work in a way that best fits their needs, whether that’s remote-first, hub-first, or hybrid (50/50).
Otrium is also committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse community of employees with a strong sense of belonging. We believe we are bettered by all forms of diversity, and take pride in working with talent from every walk of life and corner of the world. In the spirit of inclusivity, qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, ethnicity, ability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, nationality, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
Here’s to freedom, flexibility, and global inclusivity!
The best thing our engineers love about Otrium is the opportunity to impact the shopping experience of millions of fashion lovers. Developers are involved within the lifetime of the product, not only on the technical side.
We are rebuilding our frontend in React and we do not hesitate to use the newest technologies to build a beautiful product, experienced by millions of fashion lovers every day. Clean, scalable and reliable code from day one, that's what we are striving for. We are laying the foundations today in view of the future growth of Otrium.
We create a code base all future developers will be able to refer to as 'beautiful'.
About this role
The fastest-growing company in The Netherlands deserves the strongest tech team, and that's exactly what we strive to be. Here you will be developing features and services that will directly impact our customers’ experience and speed up the company’s growth. We expect nothing but the best from every developer.
It's all hands on deck to rebuild the entire frontend in React. No legacy involved, that's why it's crucial that we set the right foundation for the future by making the code clean, scalable and properly documented from day one. The Senior Frontend Developer will join one of the scrum teams and take the lead on the frontend for transactions, content, marketing or shopping.
The Senior Frontend Developer will be part of the B2C Engineering Department, building the shopping experience for millions of customers across the world. Our B2C platform is built in PHP and Node.js microservices. The frontend is in process of being rebuilt in React (from currently in use: woocommerce pages). This is what you will be doing:
- Coding : Writing clean, maintainable, optimised, and scalable code.
- Writing unit and integration tests and collaborating with other engineers in code reviews.
- Delivering on time : Committing and deploying solutions within given time constraints
- Owning : Taking a proactive approach and ownership of the tasks. Monitoring the tasks on production and making sure everything runs smooth and as expected.
- Improving : For any given task trying to understand "the why" and suggesting alternative solutions if needed. Improving the current setup and code to enhance performance.
- Sharing : Having a good, direct and clear communication with your colleagues. Contributing to the culture of feedback to keep learning and preventing issues (code and teamwork) from becoming critical. Attaching careful attention to documentation.
You are an experienced Software Engineer, you know what it takes to deliver a great code and you feel comfortable suggesting improvement to existing features and processes. You have a positive mindset and always think of solutions rather than problems. Thanks to that attitude you create a positive work environment for you and your colleagues. An environment where you deliver a better code every day. Besides that you have:
- You have solid experience with React, NodeJS, HTML & CSS
- Experience in designing and building large scale React applications or applications with similar component-based UI libraries
- Knowledge of unit testing frameworks
- Experience with Scrum/Agile
- Experience with Graphql is a plus
- Experience with Typescript is a plus
- You have a proactive attitude, always trying to make it work while keeping the bigger picture in mind
- Fluent in English
Our values: #WearIt
Every member of the O-team uses our values in their everyday working lives. They act as our internal manifesto to help us think about how we act as a collective team, and they link directly to our mission: All clothing should be worn.
- #Wins are celebrated. Next to working together, we celebrate our success together. With every target we make and record we break, we celebrate!
- #Embrace mistakes. Not only do we celebrate our successes, but we also make sure Otrium is a safe space to embrace our challenges and difficulties together.
- #Amaze our customers. You will be part of an enthusiastic and highly ambitious team with a growth and entrepreneurial mindset, ensuring that all clothing is worn by happy customers.
- #Rely on data. As a purpose-led business committed to addressing the issue of unsold inventory, we don’t blindly fall in love with ideas: we listen to what the data tells us and provide input back into the industry.
- #Impact on a global scale. The possibility to learn, grow, and contribute to one of the fastest-growing startups in Europe, and soon the US (with your help!).
- #Take ownership. Freedom and responsibility: we believe in ownership, so we will give you full responsibility to make sure you can get the job done.
Excited about what you're reading? Let us know more about who you are and why we should work together!
We look forward to hearing from you!