From the code to the values, we are Ethereum-aligned. We believe Ethereum has the potential to solve some of humanity’s most crucial coordination issues. Since our initial inception as a non-profit research group, we have sought to scale both its technology and values.
At present the most pressing bottleneck to the growth of Ethereum is its performance and scalability. We are building the most elegant solution to this problem. We do this out in the open because we believe in open source and its ability to accelerate innovation.
Not only do we improve Ethereum's performance by orders of magnitude, we donate 100% of the profits generated from doing so to Ethereum public goods. We do this because we believe the future of the open internet is too important to be left to chance. By operating as a Public Benefit Corporation we're able to align private incentives with public good and create a positive-sum economic model that provides a sustainable future for the internet.
The OP Labs security team is hiring a senior cloud security engineer to lead our cloud security effort, focused on designing security controls and platforms based on evolving threats. Strong candidates will be comfortable developing and implementing org-wide cloud strategy in a fast-paced environment. The person in this role will be asked to assess our existing cloud infrastructure and threat intelligence data, determine the best path forward, and write the code necessary to implement robust and efficient solutions. This will be a highly cross-functional role, collaborating closely with our DevInfra team.
What are the role responsibilities?
- Lead cloud security strategy and implementations at OP Labs
- Design and implement a robust cloud security roadmap
- Strengthen our cloud security incident response practices (SOC, SOAR)
- Act as the internal advocate for cloud security best practices, collaborating closely with Security and DevInfra engineers
What skills do you bring?
- Extensive experience working in systems, network, and/or application security
- 3+ years of experience in GCP, AWS, or Azure security
- Experience in Typescript, Python, Go or another programming language.
- Experience in blockchain infrastructure
- Experience in the development of security products or DevSecOps infrastructure
- Familiarity with deployment automation tools such as Ansible and Terraform
- Experience building and operationalizing SIEM/SOAR/EDR
- Experience building and operationalizing DevSecOps and IaC tools for cloud
- Understanding of common attack scenarios within cloud computing environments and experience using security frameworks, such as MITRE ATT&CK, to define and analyze security incidents
What you'll like about us:
- We take care of our employees—from fully paid medical, dental and vision to a 4% 401K match, we've got you covered—learn more about our benefits, culture and all recruiting FAQ here.
- We take pride in the accomplishments of our teammates and support each other in doing the best work of our careers.
- Our team is a diverse group of people from a variety of backgrounds and interests. We cherish our eclecticism and consider it a great strength.
- We have a transparent, feedback-driven and fun-centric culture.
- We are a team of builders—our founding team has been working on Ethereum scalability since 2015.
We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds to apply. We believe that our work is stronger with a variety of perspectives, and we’re eager to further diversify our company. If you have a background that you feel would make an impact at Optimism, please consider applying. We’re committed to building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best work of your career.