Omada Health is on a mission to inspire and engage people in lifelong Health. We treat people with chronic conditions and help them improve their health outcomes. The stories of our members' lives are powerful ones. Many of them have struggled for years, even decades, with their health. Getting treatment with Omada can be transformative experience. Our members come away with better health, lower weight, fewer medications, and more energy to do the things they love. Maybe most importantly, however, they come away with a new sense of who they are and what they are capable of that transcends their condition.
Omada Health is looking for a creative director who can help us build this brand, execute ambitiously engaging storytelling, and lead our efforts to create engaging content about our offering.
We have a strong point of view about what works and what doesn’t in virtual-first chronic care. Many companies are racing into this space, with products that focus on technology--nudges, reminders, remote monitoring devices and apps for everything from weight loss to complex blood glucose monitoring for diabetes.
At Omada, we know that technology alone can’t solve these complex problems. In order to improve health, you have to start by changing mindsets. This is fundamental to succeeding with the kinds of long term behavior change needed to address chronic conditions. Then, hand in hand with that approach, we also believe in:
- Integrated, personalized care. We treat the person and their needs first, across conditions. We make it easy for members to address diabetes, mental health, and muscle and joint pain together instead of chasing separate treatments through the healthcare system.
- Care delivered by people and optimized by technology. This kind of care delivers better outcomes than care focused around tech solutions. Coaches, Doctors and specialized caregivers are core to our product experience.
- Focusing on lasting change. In order to truly improve health, you have to help members create change that will last long-term. Our care is designed to support this kind of lasting change.
As creative director, you’ll manage a team of designers, writers and a videographer and be responsible for several types of creative content:
- Design of our industry-leadership assets: This is both written and multimedia content developed by our brand and product marketing teams. Our goal is to create engaging content which demonstrates our point-of-view and encourages prospects to take the next step.
- Sales assets: To reach members we need to first get health plans and employers to buy our services and make Omada available to their members and employees. These assets and presentations need to be quick and scannable and have a clear design system that helps us communicate who we are and the value of what we do.
- Videos: Products, Members, Buyers. Our products are deeply emotional, which is natural for video. We need to use video in all of the right ways to communicate the experience of using our products, how members experience them, and why buyers buy.
- Demand Generation assets: Selling to our B2B buyers means constantly being in front of them in the right places with events, webinars, digital ads and interesting content. These need continual updating to stay fresh and be relevant for quarterly campaigns.
- Website: Provide design guidance on photography, overall design, adherence to brand standards. Copywriting for the site as needed, based on briefs led by the web team.
The right candidate is as excited about the strategic challenge of using UX and visuals to increase how long people engage with content as they are leading the creation of an interactive graphic or product video series. They’ll be a spokesperson for Omada’s point of view and inspire our internal teams to create more engaging content and care more about design. The creative director needs to be innately interested in our products and how they work, and inspire their team to do the same.
We’ll make big things and small things. We’re format agnostic and we want to create things with ambition. This is an opportunity to build a brand that cares deeply about people and has a point of view about how to make their lives better. We want to infuse creativity throughout the buyer and member experience.
A strong candidate could have worked in an art direction or in a creative capacity at a digital publisher like the New York Times, Vox, or Buzzfeed, and ideally also has agency experience.
This role reports to the Senior Director of Brand Marketing. This person will need to build a scrappy creative studio that operates as a shared service across all marketing departments. They need to be able to demonstrate execution across a range of work, including design intensive systems and multimedia projects. In addition to day to day production of sales assets and design support for our demand generation efforts.
You must have:
- 12+ years of design experience (preferably agency and/or editorial) and a solid understanding of design principles and key tools
- Experience in managing and leading creatives
- Big picture thinking — the ability to understand a project scope and work with the project driver to set milestones and be able to articulate the time/conditions needed for successful delivery
- Experience from concept to execution/design for editorial storytelling
- Strong conceptual design thinking: Ability to come up with ideas and talk through the logic and design principles behind them
- Experience building a team that has ability to execute quick-turn projects to optimize digital demand gen creative, storytelling and other digital marketing assets
- Experience working with creative professionals in a range of mediums, with the ability to identify and articulate the medium that will work best for a particular piece of communication
- e.g, graphic, interactive, data visualization, animation, video, and photography
- Experience in branding, visual identity and design systems
- Ability to build brand systems that become core communication tools for our B2B and consumer audiences
- Organizational skills, be able to manage projects in conjunction with the project manager, work under pressure on tight deadlines, be mindful of project scopes and budget
- Excellent communication skills: You work both autonomously and as part of a team — you’ll need to do both here, so we need people who can get their marching orders and go as well as communicate and collaborate
- Strong attention to detail.
Skills & Requirements:
- High level of proficiency in Figma, Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign (Plus if you know Sketch, Principle or After Effects)
- Highly collaborative with excellent communication skills
- Strong presentation skills, with experience selling through your vision and ideas
- A portfolio demonstrating a high caliber of work
- Competitive salary
- Stock options (extended post termination option exercise window for Omadans who are with us 3 years or more)
- Flexible vacation to help you rest, recharge, and connect with loved ones
- Generous parental leave
- Health, dental, and vision insurance (and above market employer contributions)
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Stipend for professional development
- Two giftable Omada enrollments per calendar year
- Healthy snacks and meals
- Wellness events (e.g. running club)
- Community volunteering opportunities, plus one day off per year to volunteer
- ...and more!
About Omada Health: Omada Health is a digital care provider that empowers people to achieve their health goals through sustainable behavioral change. Working with health plans, employers, and health systems, the company delivers personalized interventions for individuals dealing with chronic conditions, musculoskeletal issues, anxiety, and depression. Combining data-powered human coaching, connected devices, and curriculums tailored to an individual’s specific conditions and circumstances, Omada has enrolled more than 450,000 participants across all 50 states. Omada’s partners include major employers across the country, including Costco and Iron Mountain, as well as leading health plans, such as Cigna and Kaiser.
We carefully hire the best talent we can find, which means actively seeking diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, and ways of thinking. We strive to build an inclusive culture where differences are celebrated and leveraged to inform better design and business decisions. Omada is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws.