Omada Health is on a mission to inspire and engage people in lifelong health, one step at a time.
If you're ready to guide technical decision-making and work hands-on with some of the best engineers in the health industry, this is the job for you. Our core product includes several web apps built in Ruby on Rails, an iOS app written in Swift, and an Android app written in Java/Kotlin. We also utilize Python in our data pipeline and React Native for one of our pilot products.
We value sustainable engineering practices: We work together using pair programming, test-driven development, and constant collaboration. As a key member of our engineering team, you will help design, build, and maintain systems necessary to continue our rapid growth. You should be motivated to learn new technologies and be ready to drive technical work.
How you can make an impact:
- Make a positive impact on the health outcomes and happiness of our participants
- Build new features and applications using web technologies to help our coaches deliver coordinated care
- Solve big problems to improve participant outcomes including building customized interventions, making data actionable for users, and scaling the system
- Solve big problems to improve the operations behind Omada's behavior change program including building systems to interface with the healthcare system
- Drive engineering efforts and partner with product owners to create technical requirements
- Work in an agile, test-driven, pair programming environment
- Train and collaborate with newer developers in how to write great code and solve problems effectively
- Research and adopt new technologies
What you need for this role:
- 5+ years of experience building consumer web applications in a team setting
- Deep experience with one or more MVC web application frameworks—think Ruby on Rails, Symfony, Zend, Phoenix, etc.
- Proficiency with a front-end framework like React, Vue.js, or Angular
- Willingness to work across multiple teams and can effectively navigate systems with minimal context
- Experience working with relational databases
- Deep understanding of server client relationships and cross app communication
- Experience designing, developing, and managing microservices
- Ability to mentor the more junior members of the team and organization
- Strong technical responsibility over the products you work on and the codebases you maintain
- Strong OO design skills and an understanding of design patterns
- Some knowledge of domain-driven design (DDD)
- Advocate for test-driven development and pairing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Intellectual curiosity, positive attitude, and a desire to influence the products being built
Technologies we use:
- Competitive salary
- Stock options (extended post termination option exercise window for Omadans who are with us 3 years or more)
- Flexible vacation to help you rest, recharge, and connect with loved ones
- Generous parental leave
- Health, dental, and vision insurance (and above market employer contributions)
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Stipend for professional development
- Two giftable Omada enrollments per calendar year
- Healthy snacks and meals
- Wellness events (e.g. running club)
- Community volunteering opportunities, plus one day off per year to volunteer
- ...and more!
About Omada Health: Omada is a digital care program that empowers people to achieve their health goals through sustainable lifestyle change. Working primarily through health plans, employers, and integrated health systems, the company delivers personalized interventions for individuals at risk for, or dealing with, type 2 diabetes and hypertension, as well as anxiety and depression. Combining data-powered human coaching, connected devices, a proprietary technology platform, and curriculum tailored to an individual's specific conditions and circumstances, Omada has enrolled more than 300,000 participants to date. Omada partners include Cigna, Kaiser Permanente, Blue Cross Blue Shield Minnesota, and other leading health plans.
We carefully hire the best talent we can find, which means actively seeking diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, and ways of thinking. We strive to build an inclusive culture where differences are celebrated and leveraged to inform better design and business decisions. Omada is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws.