At Omada Health the design culture starts with our Participants First value and flows outward into every aspect of the organization. From our Ideo roots to our weekly research calls and team critiques—design is an integral part of the culture at Omada.
Our product design team combines learnings from behavioral psychology, data science, and user insights to create experiences that help people prevent and self-manage diabetes, hypertension, mental health, and chronic pain so that they can live happier, healthier lives. We’re obsessed with putting our users first by helping them understand how lifestyle choices like diet, activity, sleep, and stress impact their health.
As a Senior Product Designer, you would be working closely with product, engineering, user researchers, and behavioral and data scientists, to explore, design, prototype, test, and iterate on solutions that help people change their behavior and support their chronic care needs. We’re looking for a designer who thrives in ambiguity, can work across complex journeys to create clarity out of complexity, and is passionate about improving the healthcare experience at large.
- 5+ years of experience turning complex problems into engaging design solutions.
- At least 2 years of experience working within an “in-house” product team, owning the evolution of an existing product (startup experience preferred)
- Experience over the design process from concept development to launch
- A strong interaction design background with some service design experience
- Strong communication, facilitation, and presentation skills
- Conceptual thinking that balances user needs and business goals
- Experience synthesizing research into actionable insights and product implications
- Working across the holistic user journey to identify gaps and opportunities in the participant and coach experience
- Driving the design process through research, ideation, concept development, validation, prototyping, and final design (in quick, iterative cycles).
- Collaborating closely within your product team (user insights, engineering, data science and product management).
- Guiding, facilitating, and driving discussions to align stakeholders and cross functional partners
- Using journey maps, service diagrams, and user flows, to think and communicate ideas that impact the end-to-end participant experience
- Turning research into actionable recommendations and product implications
- Designed products or experiences for healthcare and/or behavior change
- Collaborated with Data Scientists and/or Analysts as part of the design process
- Have a background in human psychology or behavioral science
- Competitive salary
- Stock options (extended post termination option exercise window for Omadans who are with us 3 years or more)
- Flexible vacation to help you rest, recharge, and connect with loved ones
- Generous parental leave
- Health, dental, and vision insurance (and above market employer contributions)
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Stipend for professional development
- Two giftable Omada enrollments per calendar year
- Healthy snacks and meals
- Wellness events (e.g. running club)
- Community volunteering opportunities, plus one day off per year to volunteer
- ...and more!
About Omada Health: Omada is a digital care program that empowers people to achieve their health goals through sustainable lifestyle change. Working primarily through health plans, employers, and integrated health systems, the company delivers personalized interventions for individuals at risk for, or dealing with, type 2 diabetes and hypertension, as well as anxiety and depression. Combining data-powered human coaching, connected devices, a proprietary technology platform, and curriculum tailored to an individual's specific conditions and circumstances, Omada has enrolled more than 250,000 participants to date. Omada partners include Cigna, Kaiser Permanente, Blue Cross Blue Shield Minnesota, and other leading health plans.
We carefully hire the best talent we can find, which means actively seeking diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, and ways of thinking. We strive to build an inclusive culture where differences are celebrated and leveraged to inform better design and business decisions. Omada is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws.