Omada Health is on a mission to inspire and engage people in lifelong health, one step at a time.
We are looking for an experienced team member to lead our commercial business systems in supporting our various go-to-market teams and sales channels. You will be responsible for the quality, delivery and maintenance of all software systems, including SFDC, primarily used by the various commercial teams and commercial operations. In addition to this you will also be responsible for systems leadership and program management, internal communication strategy and metrics, and internal client satisfaction.
You are a strong collaborator across the commercial organization, are adaptable to continuous new requirements and requests, and have strong people skills. You have delivered complex SFDC projects and implementations and can think big picture about turning strategic initiatives into the role of business systems.
- Responsible for SFDC support, strategy, execution for 140 plus users across >10 teams
- Provide strategic leadership related to the evaluation, planning and deployment of new technology tools and systems by working with commercial teams to align and understand the business strategy and establish priorities
- Partner with the Sales Enablement and Sales Operations functions to improve processes, productivity and scalability within all commercial systems
- Establish an effective release management strategy including scalable intake of internal requests, testing of platform and feature updates, release management communication and education
- Lead cross-functional integration efforts between Salesforce and other data management platforms i.e. Gainsight and Tableau
- Ability to communicate effectively with key stakeholders to facilitate definition and requirements of requested projects
You will love this job if you:
- Have 3+ years of experience in Salesforce.com administration and project management
- Have 2+ years of experience leading cross-functional teams and projects
- Have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to articulate and discuss technical information to non-technical users
- Have a high degree of technical acumen with the ability and desire to learn new tools quickly
- Have excellent problem solving, analytical, and systems skills with a high attention to detail
- Are a self-starter and a team player with outstanding written and verbal interpersonal skills
- Competitive salary
- Stock options (extended post termination option exercise window for Omadans who are with us 3 years or more)
- Flexible vacation to help you rest, recharge, and connect with loved ones
- Generous parental leave
- Health, dental, and vision insurance (and above market employer contributions)
- Healthy snacks and meals
- Wellness events (e.g. running club)
- Community volunteering opportunities, plus one day off per year to volunteer
- 401k retirement savings plan
- ...and more!
About Omada Health: Omada is a digital care program that empowers people to achieve their health goals through sustainable lifestyle change. Working primarily through health plans, employers, and integrated health systems, the company delivers personalized interventions for individuals at risk for, or dealing with, type 2 diabetes and hypertension, as well as anxiety and depression. Combining data-powered human coaching, connected devices, a proprietary technology platform, and curriculum tailored to an individual's specific conditions and circumstances, Omada has enrolled more than 300,000 participants to date. Omada partners include Cigna, Kaiser Permanente, Blue Cross Blue Shield Minnesota, and other leading health plans.
We carefully hire the best talent we can find, which means actively seeking diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, and ways of thinking. We strive to build an inclusive culture where differences are celebrated and leveraged to inform better design and business decisions. Omada is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws.