Omada Health is on a mission to inspire and engage people in lifelong health, one step at a time.
Omada Health is seeking a technical program manager (TPM) to lead large, technically complex, cross-team initiatives within Engineering. You will lead Engineering teams in major product initiatives, architecture projects, and other strategic technical initiatives in support of Engineering and Product goals. We look for technical program managers who have a strong technical foundation and are natural motivators, cross-functional relationship builders, and champions for driving the right level of process to ensure smooth and predictable program execution in a fast-paced innovative environment.
In partnership with Engineering and Product leadership, you will establish requirements with internal and external stakeholders, manage program schedules, identify risks and associated mitigation plans, and clearly communicate to program stakeholders.
- Coordinate with cross-functional leadership on projects to ensure that we have a successful strategy and alignment for execution on major company initiatives
- Create and maintain project management strategy, tools, and documentation for high-leverage Engineering projects
- Facilitate resource planning, prioritization and trade-off discussions and manage project budgets
- Effectively communicate program statuses, identify potential risks and setbacks, and develop mitigation strategies
- Collaborate with Engineering Team Leads to estimate the level of effort and projected benefit, define success metrics, identify dependencies and break project scope into actionable workstreams
- Contribute to the development and sharing of project management best practices within the Omada
You will love this job if you have:
- 4+ years experience managing complex projects and technical implementations either as a TPM, engineering leader or in a related discipline
- Experience working with engineering teams in an agile software development environment at a start-up
- Proven success with building effective project management tools and strategies that scale across teams that use a variety of tool sets for collaboration and task management
- Excellent problem-solving and organization skills
- Experience building relationships and collaborating with cross-functional teams, both technical and non-technical
- A strong tendency towards proactivity for risk management and escalation
- The acumen to balance day-to-day execution with long-term priorities
Bonus points if you have:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related technical field
- Experience working in healthcare
- Experience with SQL and other programming languages
- Competitive salary
- Stock options (extended post termination option exercise window for Omadans who are with us 3 years or more)
- Flexible vacation to help you rest, recharge, and connect with loved ones
- Generous parental leave
- Health, dental, and vision insurance (and above market employer contributions)
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Stipend for professional development
- Two giftable Omada enrollments per calendar year
- Healthy snacks and meals
- Wellness events (e.g. running club)
- Community volunteering opportunities, plus one day off per year to volunteer
- ...and more!
About Omada Health: Omada is a digital care program that empowers people to achieve their health goals through sustainable lifestyle change. Working primarily through health plans, employers, and integrated health systems, the company delivers personalized interventions for individuals at risk for, or dealing with, type 2 diabetes and hypertension, as well as anxiety and depression. Combining data-powered human coaching, connected devices, a proprietary technology platform, and curriculum tailored to an individual's specific conditions and circumstances, Omada has enrolled more than 300,000 participants to date. Omada partners include Cigna, Kaiser Permanente, Blue Cross Blue Shield Minnesota, and other leading health plans.
We carefully hire the best talent we can find, which means actively seeking diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, and ways of thinking. We strive to build an inclusive culture where differences are celebrated and leveraged to inform better design and business decisions. Omada is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws.