Omada Health is on a mission to inspire and enable people everywhere to live free of chronic disease.
The data team is responsible for building quantitative narratives and data products that empower healthy behavior change for our users and smarter decisions for our stakeholders. We are deeply motivated to learn what works (and what doesn’t) for health behavior change at scale, especially since Omada is paid when we improve clinical outcomes for our users.
As a Data Scientist, you will have significant say in what you do and how you do it, and you’ll be backed by a diverse team of analysts, scientists, and engineers from disciplines including epidemiology, economics, statistics, and computer science. Your work will drive business impact, alongside your own intellectual growth, and will ultimately inspire and enable participants in the Omada program to live free of chronic disease.
Data Scientists at Omada own projects from end to end, translating raw, complex datasets into meaningful insights, visualizations, and narratives that help our business and clients make critical decisions.
You will be successful in this job if you have:
• BA/BS in a quantitative field or equivalent practical experience
• 2-5 years of applicable industry experience in data analysis and visualization
• A strong foundation in probability, statistics and statistical modeling or machine learning
• Competence with SQL and at least one statistical programming language such as Python or R
• Experience leading data science projects and being a peer to engineering, product, or operations teams
• Ability to communicate complex outputs into compelling stories for non-technical business stakeholders
• Acquire and bring structure to data so that it can be used in new and existing data products
• Build models, tools, and systems that help Omada translate insights into action at scale
• Estimate the potential impact of projects and features through experimentation to inform priorities
• Research new methods and technologies that expand our understanding of what works (and what doesn’t for health behavior change) to develop novel analytic solutions for improving user outcomes, scaling our coaching team, and mitigating business risk.
You will love this job if you:
• Methodical. You put frameworks to unstructured problems
• Multimodal. You iterate through different presentations of data to better translate a problem and its solution so stakeholders from all backgrounds can understand the data
• Curious. You ask enough “whys” to get to the root problem of a data request
• Result-driven. You seek to find the most efficient and effective path to an analysis
• Business-sense. You know that solving hard problems require contextual understanding to put numbers to good use
• Detail-oriented. You typically catch “gotchas” before they get you
• Collaborative. You can work both as part of a team and in a self-directed manner
Bonus points for:
• Experience conducting analysis on public health datasets (e.g. NHANES, claims)
• Experience with creating data pipelines using Airflow or similar job orchestration frameworks
• Experience with deploying machine learning algorithms in a production environment
• Competitive salary
• Stock options (extended post termination option exercise window for Omadans who are with us 3 years or more)
• Flexible vacation
• Parental leave
• Health, dental, and vision
• Healthy snacks and meals
• Wellness events (e.g. running club)
• Community volunteering
•401k retirement savings plan
About Omada Health: We’ve pioneered digital behavioral medicine: an innovative approach to tackling the growing epidemic of type 2 diabetes, heart disease, and obesity. Our online programs combine world-class science, technology, and design to inspire and enable people everywhere to live free of chronic disease. Named one of Fast Company’s “50 Most Innovative Companies in the World,” our team includes passionate and talented individuals. Our approach has been embraced by major employers across the country, including Costco and Iron Mountain, as well as leading health plans, such as Kaiser Permanente and Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana.
We carefully hire the best talent we can find, which means actively seeking diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, and ways of thinking. We strive to build an inclusive culture where differences are celebrated and leveraged to inform better design and business decisions. Omada is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws.