Omada Health is on a mission to inspire and enable people everywhere to live free of chronic disease.
We're hiring digital health coaches for a full-time, work-from-home position. We are looking for experienced clinical Certified Diabetes Educators with previous health coaching, life coaching, or weight loss coaching to help us build out Omada’s expansion toward disease self-management by serving those with type 2 diabetes.
Our coaches are tech savvy, intelligent, empathetic, and efficient people who have a commitment to helping Omada advance and deliver the digital health coaching craft.
Your role will be to guide participants through our online program and deliver the highest quality Diabetes Self Management Education. You will be responsible for coaching participants through their challenges and guide them toward healthy choices while keeping them focused and energized. You will be fully supported by our online platform, which includes a detailed curriculum and technology to help participants track their progress. You will leverage this cutting-edge platform to monitor blood glucose, blood pressure, and health maintenance appointments. You’ll strategically coach participants through the Omada program, using data science to inform outreach methods during moments that matter. You will actively collaborate with our Clinical, Data, Product and Operations teams to discover and drive digital health coaching best practices.
Your work schedule can be flexible, but most work tasks and obligations will take place during normal business hours (9am-5pm). Your attendance will also be required for remote meetings which are held during business hours, typically in Pacific Time. Some travel may be required for in-person team meetings, typically a few times each year.
The work will be performed remotely with an Omada-provided computer.
You will love this job if you have/are:
- The ability the translate face-to-face interactions to the digital world
- A compassionate and empathetic "people person”
- A strong commitment to participant privacy
- Excited to be at the intersection of healthcare and technology
- Proven technical ability and a high level of tech savviness
- A firm grasp on effective and efficient communication through digital platforms
- A fast learner and are able to adapt to a constantly changing environment
- Committed to the mission of Omada and the lifestyle changes we inspire
- Must reside in the state of Kentucky
- Must possess an active, unrestricted Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE) certification through the National Certification Board for Diabetes Educators (NCBDE) and licensed through the state of Kentucky
- CDE with 5+ years of experience of direct adult diabetes care (not including training)
- Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree
- Agreeable to a full-time position
- Have an active professional health credential (ex. Registered Dietitian, Registered Nurse)
- Active Diabetes Prevention Program (DPP) Lifestyle Coach certification
- Successful digital health coaching experience
- Have additional background or interest in health technology, informatics, or telemedicine
- Master’s degree in a health-related field
- Competitive salary
- Flexible vacation plan
- Parental leave
- Health, dental, and vision
- Allowance for home office setup
- Stipend for professional development
- Two giftable Omada enrollments per calendar year
- Participation in peer-recognition program
- The opportunity to join an incredible company and work with people who are passionate about helping people improve their health
About Omada Health: We’ve pioneered digital behavioral medicine: an innovative approach to tackling the growing epidemic of type 2 diabetes, heart disease, and obesity. Our online programs combine world-class science, technology, and design to inspire and enable people everywhere to live free of chronic disease. Named one of Fast Company’s “50 Most Innovative Companies in the World,” our team includes passionate and talented individuals. Our approach has been embraced by major employers across the country, including Costco and Iron Mountain, as well as leading health plans, such as Kaiser Permanente and BlueCross Blue Shield of Louisiana.
We carefully hire the best talent we can find, which means actively seeking diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, and ways of thinking. We strive to build an inclusive culture where differences are celebrated and leveraged to inform better design and business decisions. Omada is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws.