About the role:
OLIVER is hiring a UX/ UI Design Director to join its team. We are a leading creative and digital agency specializing in building onsite agencies in many of the world’s top brands. This model fosters excellent working synergies with the objective of helping our clients communicate more effectively. This role will be part of a dedicated team working for a financial services client.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about design and consumer trends, has a strong sense of UX/UI and brand strategy. The right candidate is a forward thinker always looking for new and innovate and deliver ideas to our clients. They should thrive in a professional, collaborative, fast-paced environment, juggling multiple projects at a time.
What you will be doing:
- Champion the needs of all customer groups and use that knowledge to help influence business strategies and design decisions
- Oversee a team of 4, reviewing work and day to day management of the team
- A focus on research, user flows, user journeys, business goals, wireframes, storyboards, and user flows with various levels of fidelity to prototype and test to ensure a positive user experience
- Strong conceptual and strategic thinking that can be leveraged in a variety of business channels
- Develops and prepares creative deliverables in collaboration with assigned team within specifications.
- Interprets creative briefs and turns them into visual reality at a world-class level
- Draft initial concepts and convey design ideas using journey maps, wireframes, prototypes and user stories to explain the user processes and ideal advisor and consumer experience
- Validate UI, layout, interaction, and content designs through usability testing
- Create workflows, user maps and mapping
- Provide organizational and problem-solving abilities that enable you to decipher user insight through various forms of customer analysis
- Promotes collaboration, support and inclusion within the team to support a positive work experience among all employees
What you need to be great in this role:
- Bachelor's degree in Design, HCI, or any other related field of expertise
- Prior User Experience background with 6 years’ experience
- Knowledge of Sketch required
- 5 years’ experience creating wireframes
- Advertising agency experience strongly desired
- Experience working in finance or with product development desired
- Takes ownership and successfully executes through all stages of creative development on target, on time and on budget
- Understands/respects the client’s design needs and methodology
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates not only your stellar designs, processes, and thinking but tells the story of how you were integral to the overall design process
- An intimate knowledge of industry tools, and solid understanding of designing intuitive site functionality, interaction, site architecture, user interfaces, and navigation
- Strong conceptual thinking
- A high level of curiosity
- A capacity for constant learning from both success and failure
- Open to change and continuous improvement
- Strong verbal and written communication with the ability to effectively articulate and communicate vision, possibilities, and outcomes across all levels in the organization
- Strong understanding of User Center Design Processes and Methodologies
OLIVER believes that agencies work better inside a brand’s organization – delivering more effective work at the speed and flexibility required to drive modern businesses forward. Using our unique methodology, and supported by bespoke technology, we design, build, and operate specialist, custom creative ecosystem with our clients. We believe that proximity enables better collaboration, leading to better marketing solutions.
Established in 2004, our model is now driven by nearly 3,000 people worldwide, working across more than 200 custom creative ecosystems in over 25 countries. We are the undisputed leader in our space, which means we carry the responsibility and humility that comes with breaking new ground, continually evolving one of the most transformative agency models in history. People who join OLIVER come to us from all stages of their careers, from entry-level to agency veteran. They find a culture of entrepreneurism, direct and meaningful client impact, deep collaboration across offices and teams, and frankly, a bit of the unknown. If you’re most comfortable in safe, predictable environments, OLIVER may not be for you. That said, we will also give you the support, tools, feedback, and recognition to be your best – we want you to achieve what you strive for. The opportunities for growth are as wide as you can make them.
Our Values and how to live them
- Ambition. You look for opportunities to deliver greater value to those around you
- Imagination. You identify a range of solutions to problems
- Inspiration. You lead by example and encourage others to do the same
- Learning. You have excellent listening skills that helps you to learn from our clients and those around you.
- Results. You accept responsibility for your actions
As an employer we are committed to ensuring representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.
If you need us to make any adjustments to make your application process easier please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org