OLAPLEX, Inc. (Nasdaq: OLPX) is an innovative, science-enabled, technology-driven beauty company. We are founded on the principle of delivering effective, patent-protected and proven performance in the categories where we compete. We strive to empower our consumers to look as beautiful on the outside as they feel on the inside. We believe every person deserves to have healthy, beautiful hair, whether they are visiting a salon or caring for their hair at home.
OLAPLEX has been able to achieve phenomenal growth and we continuously seek exceptionally talented individuals who can support our innovation and creativity. We currently operate in a fully remote environment; because of this, collaboration and flexibility are at the core of our commitment to each other and to the success of OLAPLEX.
About the Role:
The Regional Account Executive (AE) is responsible for continued growth in key regions across North American Retailers from a field support perspective. This role will involve strategic planning, and execution to successfully deliver retail sales and build relationships with retail store teams
You will partner with the Retail Education team to conduct in-store training customized to the brand and retailer, as well as the education, coaching and development of the in-store sales team.
The AE reports into the Director of Field Retail Sales and will partner with the Retail Education team to support the overarching brand strategy and target sales goals.
Drive Business Performance
- Utilizes and demonstrates solid understanding of sales, product knowledge, events, operations, retail market and haircare industry to build business across respective region in key Sephora and ULTA doors
- Capture consumer insights/sales trends/traffic patterns and use learnings that will grow sales and gain brand presence
- Proactively identify inventory/stock issues that may inhibit business
- Support field team in driving sales and brand awareness; communicating sales goals and client engagement strategy
Coaching, Training and Education
- Drive Brand education: ensure staff is well-versed in brand messaging, differentiation and assortment
- Deliver brand trainings to dedicated and department-wide staff on product knowledge, service experiences, artistry, selling and leadership skills
- Assess staffs' incorporation of skills and techniques taught and overall sales performance
- Deliver effective sales coaching: modeling, observing and providing feedback to ensure effective delivery of sales techniques for varying consumer profiles, including cross selling techniques for new consumers, to ensure sales goal achievement
- Analyze and evaluate how the team is using training knowledge to drive sales, and demonstrate the ability to identify top performers to develop future bench, as well as recognize and coach to opportunities for improvement
- Educate teams on top selling OLAPLEX products and increase the staff's ability to recommend products relevant to the customer
Build Relationships and Events:
- Create and maintain strategic retailer partnership(s)
- Build brand presence through key relationships within Retail space
- Partner with retailers to develop and execute innovative in-store events and use learnings to maximize effectiveness of the market calendar long term
- This role will require 40-50% local travel
- Will be required to travel by car or public transportation to meet territory needs with reimbursement for gas / mileage
- Manage time in store vs. office time
- 3-5 years Retail Sales experience
- 3-5 years Retail Education experience (Hair experience a plus)
- Organized work ethic
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PPT, Microsoft Excel
- Proactive, problem solution driven
We'd love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement. What's most important to us is finding authentic and accountable people who feel connected to our mission and values, not just candidates who check off all the boxes. We are looking for someone who will bring all their expertise, learn, and grow with us.
The annual base pay for this position is $81,500 - $112,200. The actual base pay will vary based on factors such as qualifications, years of relevant experience, skill level, functional expertise, certificates or other professional licenses held and geographic location.
Our Total Rewards:
- Competitive compensation
- Work/Life Balance: Fexible paid time off, 11 paid holidays, and flexible work schedules
- Wellness: Medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees in addition to short and long-term disability coverage and life insurance; dependent care flexible spending account company match
- Parental Leave: Up to 18 weeks for all new birthing-parents and up to 10 weeks for all non-birthing new parents
- Financial Well-being: Roth and 401k plans: 100% match up to the first 4% and is immediately vested
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program: Career development is as important to us as we know it is to you!
- Culture: Our team has an “attitude of gratitude” and a shared passion for our brand. Join our culture committee and/or DE&I champion team to play a role in building and sustaining our “secret sauce"
- Recognition: We celebrate our peers and colleagues with our monthly ‘Hero Recognition and Awards’ program. Make a difference as a ‘Bond Builder’ and/or ‘Commendable Creative!’
- Products: Twenty (20) free products per year, plus a friends and family discount
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At OLAPLEX, we support and stand up for our community with our talent, content, messages, and product offering. We strive to build and nurture a culture where a focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion is instinctive. Our deep sense of passion and pride in what we do, both as individuals and as a company, unifies our shared commitment to 'do well and do good'. We recognize and celebrate different ideas, perspectives, and backgrounds and know they create a stronger and more creative work environment.
OLAPLEX is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other characteristics protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.