OfferZen was founded on the idea that we can bring about a massively positive change in the world by unlocking the potential of software makers and better enabling the companies they work at.
Over the last 3 years OfferZen has managed to make a serious impact on the South African tech recruitment space - and we're speeding up. Our team has exploded from 4 to 60+. We're looking to add more smart people who want to meaningfully contribute to our mission.
Our company was founded by Philip and Malan Joubert, along with other successful tech startups like SnapScan, JourneyApps and Luno.
The Account Management team plays the critical role of owning and driving the relationships we've built with the companies who use our platform - essentially driving Customer Success. As we increasingly focus on the demand-side of our marketplace, the Head of Account Management will be spearheading the strategic direction of the business.
As Head of the Account Management team, you are ultimately responsible for ensuring each of the companies who use our service are empowered to use OfferZen to grow their tech teams, and through that, grow their organisations.
Over the past three years, more than 1000 companies have started using our platform to grow their tech teams. Despite that, we believe that there is still significant room for expansion within our existing client-base, by acquiring new clients, and expanding into new markets. Our Head of Account Management will be essential in determining how we unlock this growth. Some of the challenges we will be expecting the Head of Account Management to take the lead on:
- Define and implement account strategies - with over 1000 companies using us we need to improve the way we segment and prioritise our clients
- Expand into new markets (both in SA and internationally) - and determine how we build a strong culture with distributed teams.
- Help us expand into enterprises - we need to adapt our account management and sales strategies to make inroads in enterprise.
- Scale up the team significantly - we want to more than double the team (currently 9 AMs) over the next 12 months which requires us to rapidly build out more structured and standardised hiring and onboarding processes, as well as playbooks.
- Build out the Account Management organisation - including career paths, compensation plans, and team structures
The mindset we're taking with sales and customer success is one of a scientist running experiments. Here's a great example of the approach we want to take: A Step by Step Guide to Revenue Growth with Mark Roberge. These examples are sales related, but the concepts apply equally to customer success / account management.
What you will be doing
- Working closely with the founders on defining the strategic direction of the sales and customer success teams.
- Be accountable to develop & execute on strategies that raise the bar on client delivery while enabling rapid market growth.
- Spearheading new client-facing initiatives that will be needed as we continue expanding into new markets and segments.
- Collaborating with other teams (from talent, to marketing, to product, to sales) to better deliver on our clients needs.
- Developing nuanced models for client segmentation and improve our day-to-day operations within the account management team.
- Building and growing the account management team. Hiring the next generation of people and building an environment that will allow team members old and new to grow and thrive.
What you should have
- You have 5+ years of experience in sales, business development, account management, customer success, or another customer relationship management function.
- You have hired and managed a team of top-performers that directly reported to you.
- You have worked with a SaaS model company, or at least understand the general business model, how it interacts with customer relations, as well as the technologies that underpin SaaS products.
- You are obsessed with metrics and data and use them to underpin your decision making, and when data isn't readily available you do the hard work to find what you need.
- You are passionate about solving client problems and you are excited by the opportunity software provides to do so at a massive scale.
- You have a university degree or equivalent, or you dropped out for an interesting reason.
If this sounds like a challenge you’d be up for, apply and we'll be in touch with you as soon as we are able.