At Nuna, our mission is to make high-quality healthcare affordable and accessible for everyone. We are dedicated to tackling one of our nation’s biggest problems with ingenuity, creativity, and a keen moral compass.
Nuna is committed to simple principles: a rigorous understanding of data, modern technology, and most importantly, compassion and care for our fellow human. We want to know what really works, what doesn't—and why.
Nuna partners with healthcare payers, including government agencies and health plans, to turn data into learnings and information into meaning.
Our Finance Team is looking to grow! The team is responsible for informing and shaping the company’s understanding of how the business is performing by building out budgeting and reporting processes. The team works closely with all facets of the business to provide guidance concerning operational performance and respond to financial reporting requests from management and investors. In your well-regarded role you will serve on Nuna’s Operations Team and as a partner to the business.
This is a highly visible hands-on role, responsible for managing the finance operations of the company, providing support/expertise, and advising senior leadership on financial priorities. As our first finance team member, you will have the opportunity to shape our modeling. You will contribute to the planning and coordination of finance functions, including well defined budgeting and forecasting processes. Importantly, you will serve as support to executive leadership and external investors, through your accurate and timely financial and operational reports and metrics.
- Develop and maintain short-term and long-term integrated financial models and perform budget vs. actual analysis with a discussion around variances.
Partner with executive management and business development teams to develop product-specific forecasting methodology that reflects the latest product strategy and roadmap commitments.
- Identify and define corporate level KPIs to understand the trends and health of the business.
- Design and implement scalable workflows and processes to enable consistent reporting of key metrics for reliable and timely business decision making.
- Keep internal team members on track with budget and keep investors informed on the most recent financial developments.
- Ensure that staffing is on track with budget.
- Complete ROI calculations and assist with go/no go decisions as needs for new technologies and partnerships arise.
- Assist with development of board decks for quarterly meetings.
- Develop scenario testing for fundraising opportunities.
- 5-7 years of management consulting, investment banking, corporate finance, or similar experience (ideally at a startup or for a new line of business within an
- Relevant experience with financial modeling, planning, budgeting, and decision analysis with different business leads
- Strong team player
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Ability to drive project plans, lead cross-functional meetings, set action plans, follow up on timelines, and collaborate with business partners and executive leadership
- Strong familiarity with Finance reporting requirements (e.g. close cycles, monthly snapshots, GL, etc.) and an appreciation for the transformation steps required to make raw data usable for high-performance business reporting
- Strong domain knowledge of finance and accounting
- Enthusiasm for working in a high growth, fast paced startup culture
- Customer focused, prioritizing the needs of business partners and internal customers
- Excellent time management and problem solving skills
- Able to thrive in a fast paced dynamic environment where we pivot quickly
- Embraces team culture of working together to create better lives for the people we serve
- Advanced degree (e.g., MBA) or professional license (e.g. CPA)
We take into account an individual’s qualifications, skillset, and experience in determining final salary. This role is eligible for health insurance, life insurance, retirement benefits, participation in the company’s equity program, paid time off, including vacation and sick leave. The expected salary range for this position is $140,000 to $160,000. The actual offer will be at the company’s sole discretion and determined by relevant business considerations, including the final candidate’s qualifications, years of experience, and skillset.
Nuna is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics and/or veteran status.