At Nuna, our mission is to make high-quality healthcare affordable and accessible for everyone. We are dedicated to tackling one of our nation’s biggest problems with ingenuity, creativity, and a keen moral compass.
Nuna is committed to simple principles: a rigorous understanding of data, modern technology, and most importantly, compassion and care for our fellow human. We want to know what really works, what doesn't—and why.
Nuna partners with healthcare payers, including government agencies and health plans, to turn data into learnings and information into meaning.
YOUR TEAM & IMPACT
Nuna’s product offerings enable delivery of value-based care contracts, at scale across the United States. Value-based healthcare aims to shift reimbursement from fee-for-service to fee-for-value where providers are incentivized to deliver higher quality care to their patients at a lower cost. It is incredibly difficult to operationalize value-based arrangements due to the variability in both contract configurations and measurement of health outcomes. This is where Nuna’s Health Data Analytics division excels, and is accountable for codifying complex value-based care concepts via scalable programming and automation.
In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to form deep partnerships with a cross-functional team of analysts, engineers and product managers to drive continuous improvement of delivery speed and analytic quality through introduction and adoption of software development best practices. You will be responsible for design and deployment of reusable healthcare-based logic in support of accurate and scalable value-based payment solutions. You will provide thought leadership to product managers and influence Nuna’s product roadmap with a focus on analytic tooling maturity and scalable healthcare solutions. Finally, you will be a force multiplier for Nuna’s analysts by introducing software development and testing practices tuned to value-based care payment models.
- Lead, coordinate, and train health data analysts in design and deployment of scalable products for healthcare plans and providers
- Development of industry accepted healthcare data models and rules-based engines
- Automation and optimization of data pipelines with a focus on logical transformations and statistical models
- Build, maintain and optimize data pipelines using big data technologies
- Bachelor’s degree or above in quantitative or engineering fields (Computer Science, Statistics, Data Science, Mathematics or similar).
- 5+ years of technical software development via Python, Spark SQL, Git Integration and testing frameworks (i.e. unit tests). Experience developing configurable/re-usable pipelines (spark).
- 5+ years of domain experience working with healthcare data paired with a passion to connect with, understand, and shape the healthcare industry.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, keen attention to detail and deadline driven.
- Experience with Machine Learning concepts such as statistical modeling & diagnostic testing (Continuous + Categorical)
- Experience working at or with health plans or providers.
We take into account an individual’s qualifications, skillset, and experience in determining final salary. This role is eligible for health insurance, life insurance, retirement benefits, participation in the company’s equity program, paid time off, including vacation and sick leave. The expected salary range for this position is $140,000 to $170,000. The actual offer will be at the company’s sole discretion and determined by relevant business considerations, including the final candidate’s qualifications, years of experience, and skillset.
Nuna is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics and/or veteran status.