At Nuna, our mission is to make high-quality healthcare affordable and accessible for everyone. We are dedicated to tackling one of our nation’s biggest problems with ingenuity, creativity, and a keen moral compass.
Nuna is committed to simple principles: a rigorous understanding of data, modern technology, and most importantly, compassion and care for our fellow human. We want to know what really works, what doesn't—and why.
Nuna partners with healthcare payers, including government agencies and health plans, to turn data into learnings and information into meaning.
At Nuna, we’re building an externally facing data warehouse - this is part of the product that we’re selling to our customers (Data Warehouse as a Service). They’re going to use it to directly improve the care that’s given to patients.
You’ll need to be able to look at a reporting dashboard or mock and back into the facts and dimensions that we’d need to build to power it. From the other end, you should be able to work with analysts, understand the domain and context of the metrics being produced, and build and populate schemas that can flexibly power our reporting.
- You will own the design and implementation of our data serving architecture. Your designs will be our customer’s source of truth for understanding and succeeding in value based payment programs:
- You are obsessed with performance, usability, and total cost to run our systems.
- Your work will also drive adoption and trust of Nuna’s data and analytics among our users.
- Build a customer facing enterprise data warehouse - combining the analytical rigor of thoughtful data modeling with the technical challenges of operating analytical data systems at scale and the user-centric focus of a product engineer.
- Optimize the existing data serving layer to improve application performance and developer efficiency
- Contribute to a cross functional team replatforming the serving layer based upon a common data schema
- Partnering closely with data platform and application teams to generalize offerings to be consistent across clients
- Solve complex scale challenges surrounding query design and performance
- Build the systems that will power the transformation of healthcare in America
- Technical Leadership and Interpersonal skills to motivate engineers and cross functional teams in a startup environment
- 6+ years of experience designing and building data warehouses.
- A deep understanding of star schemas and related data architectures
- Experience with backend development - schemas, APIs, infra and tooling, etc. - for data intensive applications.
- Experience with modern cloud-based, distributed data warehouse systems (Redshift, Snowflake, etc.)
- Ability to write performant, idempotent data transformation code
- Experience optimizing queries and schemas
- Command of database fundamentals like indexing, SQL queries, schema migrations, and managing backups.
- Experience managing production services and designing smooth deployment processes, ideally in AWS.
- Experience at a startup / tech company
- Experience with BI tools (Tableau, PowerBI, Sisense)
- Python scripting / web development
- Background in healthcare data
- An interest in cloud software systems
We take into account an individual’s qualifications, skillset, and experience in determining final salary. This role is eligible for health insurance, life insurance, retirement benefits, participation in the company’s equity program, paid time off, including vacation and sick leave. The expected salary range for this position is $165,000 to $230,000. The actual offer will be at the company’s sole discretion and determined by relevant business considerations, including the final candidate’s qualifications, years of experience, and skillset.
Nuna is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics and/or veteran status.