At Nuna, our mission is to make high-quality healthcare affordable and accessible for everyone. We are dedicated to tackling one of our nation’s biggest problems with ingenuity, creativity, and a keen moral compass.
Nuna is committed to simple principles: a rigorous understanding of data, modern technology, and most importantly, compassion and care for our fellow human. We want to know what really works, what doesn't—and why.
Nuna partners with healthcare payers, including government agencies, health plans, and employers, to turn data into learnings and information into meaning.
Nuna’s Meaningful Matches product strives to improve cost, quality, and patient satisfaction by guiding patients to the right primary care physician (PCP) for their healthcare and access needs.
To do this, we’ve built a data processing pipeline that combines the state of the art in provider performance measurement with machine learning and optimization. We serve our match recommendations to customers via API endpoints that they can seamlessly integrate with their existing tech, allowing us to positively impact the lives of hundreds of thousands of patients at a time.
You will join a growing cross-functional team focused on scaling and building out new product features and deploying them to new customers. You will partner with Product, Engineering, Design and Account Management across the full product lifecycle.
You will have an opportunity to improve our patient-PCP matching product by developing algorithms for new types of matching, enhancing our ability to predict provider performance for different types of patients, and conducting rigorous statistical analysis to measure how well our product works
- Work with Product to identify and understand customer’s needs and objectives in implementing Meaningful Matches, and patients’ needs around accessing care
- Design new algorithmic features to address those needs using administrative and other data sources
- Collaborate with engineering to develop new product interfaces and dashboards that will help to streamline your work and the deployment process
- Collaborate with other Data Scientists to estimate the improvements in health outcomes that customers can expect from implementing our product, and present those findings to the customer
- Solicit, interpret, and document customer business requirements and help customer come to algorithmic configuration decisions
- Bachelor’s degree or above in quantitative or engineering fields (Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Health/Medical Informatics, Computer Science, or similar)
- 3+ years of experience with healthcare and health data
- Passion to connect with, understand, and shape the healthcare industry
- Strong oral and written communication skills with cross-functional audiences of varying levels of technical experience
- Attention to detail
- Proficiency in SQL and at least one statistical programming language (Python preferred)
- Experience implementing and interpreting the results of statistical models
- Lived and/or professional experiences with social determinants of health, health disparities, and/or algorithmic bias
- Experience with Enterprise Software Deployment
- Customer-facing experience strongly preferred
- Experience with causal inference research design, especially quasi-experimental methods
Nuna is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics and/or veteran status.