At Nuna, our mission is to make high-quality healthcare affordable for everyone. We are dedicated to tackling one of our nation’s biggest problems with ingenuity, creativity, and a keen moral compass.
Nuna is committed to simple principles: a rigorous understanding of data, modern technology, and most importantly, compassion and care for our fellow human. We want to know what really works, what doesn't—and why.
Nuna partners with healthcare payers, including government agencies and health plans, to turn data into learnings and information into meaning.
At Nuna we’ve built a world-class team of experienced and values-first engineers and technologists dedicated to solving what was once an intractable problem: delivering effective and affordable, high-quality healthcare in the United States. Now at a vital inflection point in our growth as a company, we seek an experienced People Leader who can match the talent and ambitions of our technical team. Our ideal candidate will thoughtfully augment and professionalize our human resources functions in line with our commitment to equity and diversity and allow Nuna to quickly meet our growing market aspirations.
Nuna is seeking an energetic, detail-oriented, and collaborative Director of People to lead our People Operations team. The Director of People will be responsible for critical aspects of Human Resources management and program implementation across the entire organization. You will assess our organizational needs and drive comprehensive solutions in employee performance management, backbone HR functions, communication, training, diversity and inclusion, leadership and career development. You’ll have a team reporting to you, in addition to support and resources to be successful - you just need to bring your wealth of experience, a passion for working with people and enthusiasm for making Nuna a great place to work.
- Backed by a proven record of effective collaboration with C-Suite and Executive leadership, experience designing and executing a People strategy that fosters community and supports Nuna’s business objectives.
- Oversee the execution of critical human resources functions, including insured benefits, additional benefits, performance management, payroll, employee life cycle, employee relations, internal investigations, legal compliance, immigration, and total compensation through operationally sound, measurable, data-driven people processes and programs.
- Closely collaborate with our Recruiting and Executive teams to plan and execute a hiring and growth strategy.
- Evaluate, re-design, and implement Nuna’s compensation and benefits strategy, using external and internal benchmarks.
- Lead the ongoing design and execution of employee onboarding and training and development programs to improve leadership competencies, communication, and efficacy
- In partnership with Nuna’s DEI Manager, support a Diversity and Inclusion program that is present, active and fully integrated within the company.
- Evaluate tools and systems that support People, and where appropriate, propose and execute changes and improvements. e.g., HRIS, Performance Management systems, Applicant Tracking Systems, Internal Tools, etc.
- Annually assess HR policies, procedures, and programs.
- Regularly review employee feedback and report findings and potential solutions to Leadership team
- 10+ years of people team experience, 5+ years people team leadership experience.
- Experience at a high-growth startup.
- Superior employee relations with impeccable interpersonal and communication skills; able to interact effectively across all levels of our organization.
- Experience with evaluating and improving staff and executive compensation programs
- Skill evaluating and leading POps and Recruiting operational system design
- Expansive knowledge of current HR and associated employment practices and laws.
- Excellent integrity, judgment, and ability to build trust at all organizational levels.
- Analytical and growth mindset, capable of breaking down problems and making data-driven decisions to continuously improve the company.
- The ability to connect talent and people development with overarching business goals.
- Involvement with scaling an organization to meet the demands of a company developing its product amidst a quickly growing customer base.
Nuna is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics and/or veteran status.