At Nuna, our mission is to make high-quality healthcare affordable for everyone. We are dedicated to tackling one of our nation’s biggest problems with ingenuity, creativity, and a keen moral compass.
Nuna is committed to simple principles: a rigorous understanding of data, modern technology, and most importantly, compassion and care for our fellow human. We want to know what really works, what doesn't—and why.
Nuna partners with healthcare payers, including government agencies and health plans, to turn data into learnings and information into meaning.
Nuna’s products are built to help deliver value-based care, at scale, across the United States healthcare system. Value-based healthcare is a delivery model where providers are paid based on patient health outcomes, instead of traditional fee for service arrangements, driving delivery of higher quality care for patients at lower cost. Today, value-based care is incredibly difficult to operationalize so we’re making it easier with products that enable automated, accurate, and transparent operation of value-based payments.
Nuna’s Product Solutions team is a forward-deployed, customer-focused team dedicated to the efficient delivery of our Value-Based Payment suite to customers. In this role you’ll work as part of a cross-functional team of Value-Based Payment experts, engineers, product managers, and customer liaisons to adapt and configure Nuna’s products to deliver accurate and scalable value-based payment solutions. Along the way, you’ll help customers understand what key capabilities our products provide, how to implement and migrate their existing processes to our products, and to identify ways to leverage our product technology to deliver measurable business value.
You’ll work and collaborate with customers on a daily basis, and seek to win their confidence and satisfaction as we implement our products. You’ll operate at the intersection of technology and our customer’s business needs, formulating how Nuna’s products will be employed to drive value-based care for payers across the US.
As a member of Nuna’s Customer Implementation team, the Technical Solutions Engineer performs customer consulting and delivery of technical tasks associated with the implementation of the Nuna’s products. This will include leading and participating in client discovery and requirements gathering, facilitating client sessions, scheduling and executing technical implementation activities, triaging implementation issues, and testing support. Additionally, you will provide team leadership to technical project team members.
- Support the assessment of the customer’s current systems, data sources, and processes. This will include participating in recommendations based on the current-state assessment.
- Provide appropriate input on work breakdown, timelines and estimates for technical tasks within the implementation statement of work
- Engage with Customer’s technical team members to elicit and document technical and system requirements, review internally and with customer, and achieve customer sign-off
- Consult with Nuna customers on networking and integration approach and requirements. Engage with Customer’s technical team to explain key technologies, understand Customer’s requirements, and advise on trade-offs, including:
- HTTPS, S3, SFTP
- Push, Pull, Async, Streaming data flow
- SSO, LDAP
- Notification mechanism
- Interface to Customer’s SMEs to establish and operationalize networking, data exchange, SSO integration, operational job schedule, etc. Support operationalizing data acquisition import and export processes. Work with customer to address exceptions and report progress
- Consult to Customers to help steer clients to best practices and/or current/roadmap product/solution; maintain expertise and currency in product capabilities and roadmap plans
- Maintain a good sense on when and what requests need to be escalated to product and engineering. Support the product and engineering team with participation in detailed designs sessions, test data creation and functional testing tasks, as necessary
- Support systems, integration testing, and user acceptance testing
- Support customer with capturing defects, performing initial triage, tracking and re-testing remediation
- Contribute to training as necessary for a smooth transition to the operations team at go-live
- Support development of technical proposals, as needed
- Have a strong desire to continuously learn new technologies and knowledge of healthcare IT
- Perform all job functions consistent with Nuna policies and procedures, including those which govern the handling of PHI and PII
- 5+ years of experience developing data/workflow integration using cloud-based solutions
- 3+ years of experience with using AWS cloud solutions (S3, RDS, SQS)
- Knowledge of data exchange solutions (API, schema, formats)
- Knowledge of Authentication/Authorization services (SSO, LDAP)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and can effectively communicate technical problems and solutions
- Experience working on significant projects in partnership with strong engineering team
- Good diagnostic skills in data exchange/delivery issues
- Knowledge of modern data processing technologies: Spark, Mysql, Kafka
- Knowledge of analytics dashboard
- Experience with data quality issues
Nuna is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics and/or veteran status.