At Nuna, our mission is to make high-quality healthcare affordable and accessible for everyone. We are dedicated to tackling one of our nation’s biggest problems with ingenuity, creativity, and a keen moral compass.
Nuna is committed to simple principles: a rigorous understanding of data, modern technology, and most importantly, compassion and care for our fellow human. We want to know what really works, what doesn't—and why.
Nuna partners with healthcare payers, including government agencies, health plans, and employers, to turn data into learnings and information into meaning.
Nuna’s products are built to help deliver value-based care, at scale, across the United States healthcare system. Value-based healthcare is a delivery model where providers are paid based on patient health outcomes, instead of traditional fee for service arrangements, driving delivery of higher quality care for patients at lower cost. Today, value-based care is incredibly difficult to operationalize so we’re making it easier with products that enable automated, accurate, and transparent operation of value-based payments.
Nuna’s Data Solutions team offers an incredible opportunity to work with the world's largest payers (Blues, CMS, States) to capture their methodologies and requirements, build and configure their model logic, and validate the accuracy of our product to ensure that providers feel they are being fairly measured which will be integral in ensuring that patients are properly cared for.
In this role you'll work cross functionally with engineers, product managers and customer liaisons to expand, adapt and configure Nuna’s data products towards the delivery of accurate and scalable value-based payment solutions. You will also help Nuna’s product and engineering teams understand clients’ needs and pain points in order to inform and drive product roadmaps.
- Identify and understand client’s needs and pain points in operationalizing value based payment arrangements. Translate them into tactical recommendations to support scoping and prioritization of development work.
- Solicit, interpret, and document client business requirements and value based payment methodologies.
- Collaborate with product, client management, engineering teams and the client to verify and validate Nuna’s implementation.
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Engineering, and Design to identify and design new ways to extend Nuna’s products to better serve customer needs.
- Bachelor’s degree or above in quantitative or engineering fields (Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Health/Medical Informatics, Computer Science, or similar)
- 3+ years of experience working with healthcare data paired with a passion to connect with, understand, and shape the healthcare industry.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Keen attention to detail
- Deadline driven
- Proficiency in SQL
- Experience with value-driven payment arrangements, healthcare financial models or provider quality measurement strategies.
- Experience working with healthcare plans or providers.
- Client-facing experience
- Experience with programming languages such as Python or equivalent
- Experience with Enterprise Software Deployment
Nuna is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics and/or veteran status.