At Nuna, our mission is to make high-quality healthcare affordable for everyone. We are dedicated to tackling one of our nation’s biggest problems with ingenuity, creativity, and a keen moral compass.
Nuna is committed to simple principles: a rigorous understanding of data, modern technology, and most importantly, compassion and care for our fellow human. We want to know what really works, what doesn't—and why.
Nuna partners with healthcare payers, including government agencies and health plans, to turn data into takeaways and information into meaning.
Nuna’s Value Platform team is building an impactful new product to help turn value-based care into a reality within the United States healthcare system. Value-based healthcare is a delivery model where hospitals are paid based on patient health outcomes, instead of the traditional fee for service model. These value-based payment arrangements are transforming healthcare, but operationalizing them is challenging and complex. That’s why we are tackling the daunting task of making it easier, by automating these value-based arrangements in an accurate, reliable, and transparent way.
At the core of these agreements is a considerable amount of data from various sources. The Value Platform team is building a high throughput pipeline to efficiently calculate performance measures for providers, identify opportunities for improvement, and present these insights in an easily digestible way. This involves running complicated data pipelines on distributed computing clusters with up to real-time data input.
By joining the Value Platform team, you’ll have the unique opportunity to work with other passionate and skilled engineers to make a lasting impacting in improving the quality of healthcare.
- Explore and pioneer novel technical solutions in the healthcare space. Most of this hasn’t been done before, so you’ll be uniquely positioned to pave the way
- Help define a brand new product from the ground up
- Use the best tools/tech for the job, which means working on a diverse, polyglot codebase
- Work on a cross-functional team of engineers and data scientists to design and build a scalable and efficient data pipeline
- Partner closely with data scientists to help them scale and productionalize the healthcare analytics they create
- 3+ years of software engineering experience with a clear understanding of industry best practices
- Proven leadership, organization, and communication skills
- Comfort with ambiguity and possessing the ability to prioritize tasks across multiple stakeholders
- A healthy bias towards action
- Knowledge of computer science fundamentals (such as debugging or object-oriented design) and software engineering processes (such as agile software development, test automation, and continuous integration)
- Working experience with distributed computing infrastructure (Hadoop, Spark, Flink, etc) and knowledge of large-scale, analysis-heavy database fundamentals
- A passion for developing scalable, maintainable, testable code
- The ability to understand the big picture and align your work with larger organizational priorities
- Experience working on data analytics or closely with data analytics teams
- Experience with either full stack/frontend or devops work helpful
Nuna is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics and/or veteran status.