At Nuna, our mission is to make high-quality healthcare affordable for everyone. We are dedicated to tackling one of our nation’s biggest problems with ingenuity, creativity, and a keen moral compass.
Nuna is committed to simple principles: a rigorous understanding of data, modern technology, and most importantly, compassion and care for our fellow human. We want to know what really works, what doesn't—and why.
Nuna partners with healthcare payers, including government agencies and health plans, to turn data into learnings and information into meaning.
Nuna’s Infrastructure Engineering team builds systems so that everyone can use, learn, and act. We architect and implement the underpinnings of the technology that enables data scientists, analysts, benefits officers, and policymakers to understand healthcare data while ensuring its integrity, security, and privacy. We aspire to build systems that are resilient, automated, auditable, and responsive to our user’s needs.
As a senior member of the Infrastructure Engineering team, you’ll play a key role in ensuring that our product engineers and data scientists are empowered and effective by providing design and debugging expertise, technical leadership and mentorship, and tools for test and deployment automation. You’ll work closely with members of our Security and Product teams to understand their needs and translate them into well scoped, actionable projects and tasks.
- Lead from a technical, architectural, and project management perspective, and shepherd technical decisions to completion.
- Provide mentoring and coaching to other team members.
- Support the existing infrastructure for our production servers, data analysis pipelines, and analytics toolsets.
- Evaluate our existing systems, and choose tools and develop software that follow industry best practices.
- Design and implement robust, secure, abstracted systems that allow developers to simply and safely test speculative product changes using production-quality data.
- Provide metrics that allow us to identify areas for improvement and measure change.
- Ensure that our deployments are automated, frequent, secure, and without noticeable user impact.
- Proven excellence in leadership, organizational, and communication skills.
- Comfort with ambiguity and the ability to prioritize tasks across multiple stakeholders.
- Proficiency in administering Linux and ancillary services in a cloud computing environment.
- Experience designing and implementing system automation that integrates security and resiliency.
- Proficiency in at least one commonly used programming language, such as Python or Go.
- Experience with healthcare compliance and security regulations (HIPAA, SOC 2, etc).
- Experience working with a distributed team.
- Interest or background in data analysis and processing and familiarity with big data engines such as Apache Spark or Databricks.
- Track record of success shepherding projects using an agile development model.
Technologies used at Nuna
- AWS cloud environment: EC2, S3, RDS, ELB, AWS VPCs and networking, CloudFormation, etc
- Languages: Python (knowledge of Go a plus)
- CI/CD framework automation: Packer, Jenkins, GitLab, Phabricator, Vault
- Observability stack: Splunk, CloudWatch, Pagerduty, Alertmanager, Prometheus, Telegraf
- Planned technology exploration: Terraform, ECS, containers
Nuna is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics and/or veteran status.