We're on a mission to make it possible for every person, team, and company to be able to tailor their software to solve any problem and take on any challenge. Computers may be our most powerful tools, but most of us can't build or modify the software we use on them every day. At Notion, we want to change this with focus, design, and craft.
We've been working on this together since 2016, and have customers like Pixar, Mitsubishi, Figma, Plaid, Match Group, and thousands more on this journey with us. Today, we're growing fast and excited for new teammates to join us who are the best at what they do. We're passionate about building a company as diverse and creative as the millions of people Notion reaches worldwide.
Notion is an in person company, and currently requires its employees to come to the office for two Anchor Days (Mondays & Thursdays) and requests that employees spend the majority of their week in the office (including a third day).
About The Role:
The People Team at Notion exists to help build a generational company that enables people to do their best & most meaningful work. We’re looking for a talented Immigration Program Manager to support our hiring efforts, ensure employees receive the best experience during a rotational program, and create enablement opportunities for our managers to fully understand all the nuances of the immigration space. The perfect fit is someone who builds trust with their partners, operate with empathy, moves quickly, and embraces change.
What You'll Achieve:
- Lead the strategy, processes, and execution of Notion’s immigration and rotational programs across 5 countries.
- Be the company’s immigration and relocation expert and answer questions about policy and processes from employees and cross-functional partners.
- Support Recruiting and Managers with visa assessments for candidates and existing employees; communicate guidance on options, best practices, and processing times.
- Manage the immigration lifecycle for all new hires to obtain U.S. work visas and permanent residency (e.g., H-1B, TN, E-3, O-1, J-1, and Green Card).
- Create educational resources for employees and managers to stay up-to-date on any changes in immigration that could impact our employees.
- Manage and support our employees through the entire process of an international rotation, including cost projections, communicating and coordinating immigration and relocation procedures, and partnering with key stakeholders to ensure the best experience for the employee.
- Ensure data integrity of our employees’ immigration and relocation records in order to track and prioritize employer-required action items.
- Manage the relationship with our external immigration counsel and relocation vendors to ensure employees receive the best experience that is high quality and timely.
Skills You'll Need to Bring:
- 5+ years of experience in immigration and global mobility in a high-growth technology company.
- Experience in corporate immigration U.S. inbound, global visas (EMEA and APAC), and corporate global mobility.
- High level of attention to detail, strong project management skills, and a high degree of confidentiality.
- Team player who collaborates with cross-functional partners authentically in a kind and direct manner.
- Highly adaptable, operate with urgency, and thrive in a rapidly changing, fast-paced environment.
- Effective written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
Nice to Haves:
- Basic tax knowledge for managing rotations
We hire talented and passionate people from a variety of backgrounds because we want our global employee base to represent the wide diversity of our customers. If you’re excited about a role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every bullet point listed in the job description, we still encourage you to apply. If you’re a builder at heart, share our company values, and enthusiastic about making software toolmaking ubiquitous, we want to hear from you.
Notion is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Notion considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Notion is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know.
Notion is committed to providing highly competitive cash compensation, equity, and benefits. The compensation offered for this role will be based on multiple factors such as location, the role’s scope and complexity, and the candidate’s experience and expertise, and may vary from the range provided below. For roles based in San Francisco, the estimated base salary range for this role is $135,000 - $170,000 per year.