We make software that anyone can mold and shape to take on every challenge — from taking personal notes to running large companies. Usually based in the Mission neighborhood of San Francisco, we've been building together since 2016 and are trusted by customers including Nike, Airbnb, Slack, Samsung, and more. We're excited to be growing a team as diverse and creative as the millions of people we reach worldwide, and a company where everyone can thrive.
About The Role:
You will be working closely with our engineers and customers to resolve the most complex tickets. You will also help build out systems and processes to manage tasks from report to completion. You will be problem solving with our technical teams and working to resolve as much as you can while scaling our systems.
What You'll Do:
- Solve the most complex tickets
- Work cross functionally across engineering and product to build processes and manage issues
- Perform advanced troubleshooting of products and embedded partner applications
- Work closely with our largest customers to solve the most challenging support interactions
- Reproduce customer issues, perform initial codebase triage and file software defects with Engineering
- Manage to key performance metrics defined within Global Support
- Respond to high priority customer issues from our Escalation queues
- Create and maintain internal knowledge libraries and contribute to the creation of user-facing content
- Participate in an on-call rotation to assist customers outside of normal working hours
What We're Looking For:
- You have at least 4 years of experience working in a DevOps, technical support, or similar team
- You are deeply passionate about customer experience and making life simpler with technology
- You have experience in a user-facing, technical roles
- You have strong communication skills and can work with both technical and non-technical audiences
- You have strong, in-depth knowledge and experience troubleshooting desktop operating systems - Microsoft Windows, macOS
- You are comfortable with application performance monitoring tooling, and can identify bottlenecks in systems and applications
- You are able to analyze server and client application logs and identify the root cause of errors
- You have strong analytical, debugging, and problem-solving skills
- You are comfortable doing independent research and can read basic code
- You are able to balance user expectations while understanding policies and compliance boundaries
- You are able to work under pressure and remain focused, confident and professional
- You are able to collaborate effectively with peers and across teams that are located in multiple offices
- You have strong knowledge of Linux, basic scripting, APIs, NoSQL, Nginx, MySQL and similar open source technologies
- Knowledge of and experience using one or more of the following languages - Python, Go, C++ or Java
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Notion.
Notion is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Notion considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Notion is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation made due to a disability, please let your recruiter know.