We make software that anyone can mold and shape to take on every challenge — from taking personal notes to running large companies. Usually based in the Mission neighborhood of San Francisco, we've been building together since 2016, are backed by Index Ventures, Sequoia Ventures, First Round Capital, and trusted by customers including Nike, New Relic, Verizon, Samsung, and more. We're excited to be growing a team as diverse and creative as the millions of people we reach worldwide, and a company where everyone can thrive.
About The Role:
Mobile devices have reshaped personal computing—the power of a desktop now fits in our pockets. By giving everyone the building blocks to create their own tools, we'll solve more problems wherever we go. A delightful, intuitive mobile experience: that's our guiding light, and we need iOS engineers to make it a reality.
What You'll Do:
- You'll work with the team to build new product features for our iOS app. This might include a better mobile typing experience.
- You'll improve the performance, reliability, and polish of our iOS app. This might involve rewriting a cache system to decrease startup time.
- You'll help build and improve internal tools with simplicity and productivity in mind. For example, you might write a script that makes it easier to deploy new versions of our apps.
What We're Looking For:
- Thoughtful problem-solving: For you, problem-solving starts with a clear and accurate understanding of the context. You can decompose tricky problems and work towards a clean solution, by yourself or with teammates. You're comfortable asking for help when you get stuck.
- Ability to ship quality apps at scale: You can work with a team to build and maintain quality iOS apps for a large audience. You're familiar with Swift or Objective-C and have handled UI, networking, and threading in those languages.
- Pragmatic and business-oriented: You care about the business impact of what you're building, and you prioritize projects accordingly. You're not just going after cool stuff—you understand the balance between craft, speed, and the bottom line.
- Put users first: You think critically about the implications of what you're building, and how it shapes real people's lives. You understand that reach comes with responsibility for our impact—good and bad.
- Not ideological about technology: To you, technologies and programming languages are about tradeoffs. You may be opinionated, but you're not ideological and can learn new technologies as you go.
- Empathetic communication: You communicate nuanced ideas clearly, whether you're explaining technical decisions in writing or brainstorming in real time. In disagreements, you engage thoughtfully with other perspectives and compromise when needed.
- Team player: You understand when work is better, together. You enjoy collaborating cross-functionally to accomplish shared goals, and you care about learning, growing, and helping others to do the same.
- You've built or maintained apps for Android, using Kotlin or Java.
- You're proficient with other parts of our technology stack: React, TypeScript, Node.js, and Postgres.
- You've heard of computing pioneers like Ada Lovelace, Douglas Engelbart, Alan Kay, and others—and understand why we're big fans of their work.
- You have interests outside of technology, such as in art, history, or social sciences.