Corporate Marketing Associate
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Salary Range: $75,000 to $110,000
Chief Marketing Officer
About The Company:
NineDot's name derives from the classic mathematical puzzle for sparking out-of-the-box solutions. As a leading community-scale, clean energy developer with a growing portfolio of projects across a range of technologies, NineDot Energy is creating innovative energy solutions that support a more resilient electric grid, deliver economic savings and reduce carbon emissions. We plan to develop, build and operate more than 400 MW of clean energy systems by 2026 that will strengthen the local power grid infrastructure and provide clean, reliable and resilient power to tens of thousands of New York households and businesses. This is all in support of New York State’s mission to achieve 100% clean energy by 2040.
With the backing of the Carlyle Group - one of the largest private investors in renewable energy - NineDot is rapidly expanding its core team to scale its energy storage pipeline and continue innovating new products (e.g. vehicle-to-grid, community energy, etc.) to advance the decarbonization of New York’s grid. This is an exciting opportunity to build a platform from the ground-up with a world-class team of developers and innovators. NineDot is committed to building a company that exemplifies diversity, equity and inclusion values in its team culture, as well as business practices and community engagement.
The Corporate Marketing Associate will be instrumental to the build-out and day-to-day operations of NineDot Energy’s marketing function. We are a small but rapidly-growing company, with a range of internal and external constituencies and partners. The ideal candidate for this role is someone with experience and competence across the marketing mix and toolkits, especially in a small but nimble organization, who is ready to help create a well-honed marketing engine, vs. fulfilling a plan set by others, while also stepping in to support or manage outward-facing marketing activities directly.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a candidate who aspires to learn and engage in all areas of marketing – including brand development, verbal and visual storytelling, partner and press communication, campaign strategy and execution, and tools, budget and metrics management and reporting – all while working with a wonderful team, passionate about doing our part to tackle climate change.
Roles and responsibilities
- Provide leverage to our Chief Marketing Officer by assisting with day-to-day marketing tasks and projects, team support and department operations, rapidly responding to partners, press and other short-turnaround items
- Assume a lead or supporting role for a variety of responsibilities including our:
-Calendar of community and site event activities, PR and social media
-External brand and business presence through new collateral, signage, announcements, online spaces, and swag, including working with our digital marketing agency
-Third-party and partner marketing programs
-Targeted and broader brand/audience campaigns
-Employer branding programs
-Marketing tools including HubSpot for CRM and campaign planning
-Marketing spend and all other marketing metrics
- Support the team with enthusiasm and any and all marketing and communications work, as the Company is growing and new opportunities and challenges arise
- All other duties as assigned
Competencies for Success
- Problem Solving - Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; conducts excellent and honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answer.
- Interpersonal Savvy - Able to relate well to all individuals within and beyond the organization; builds appropriate rapport along with constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact.
- Perseverance - Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Dealing With Ambiguity - Can effectively cope with change and shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture.
- Creativity - Capable of coming up with new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions.
- Technical Learning - Picks up on technical things quickly, capable of learning new skills and knowledge, good at learning new industry, company, product, or technical knowledge.
- Intellectual Horsepower - Demonstrated ability to deal with concepts and complexity comfortably; described as intellectually sharp, capable, and agile.
Required education and experience
- 3-5 years of B2B experience within a marketing department or digital agency is required; BA or BS degree in Marketing, Communications, or English strongly preferred
- Passion for/history with clean energy products, technologies and services is a plus
- Experience managing a (relatively lightweight) CRM and email marketing system for maintaining data, executing campaigns and reporting is required; basic WordPress website updating (our agency will do the heavy lift) is a plus
- Excellent oral, written and visual communication skills; creating, editing and proofreading experience across written and visual marketing material is required
- Excellent project management, organizational and planning skills with ability to prioritize multiple tasks and projects and meet deadlines
- Experience serving internal and external clients and partnering with various departments on marketing initiatives and projects
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Familiar with Google Suite and Microsoft Office is required; experience with Adobe tools is very helpful; experience with Asana is a plus
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
Affirmative Action/EEO statement
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender expression, gender identity, sex, age, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran and military status, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status of an individual or that individual’s associates or relatives that is protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
Some of NineDot roles require that individuals be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to exemptions for medical or religious reasons, as well as any other reason required by applicable law or order. Should you be selected for an interview, your recruiter will provide additional information.