Niantic is searching for a hands-on Senior Manager of Compensation and Benefits with a solid background in total compensation programs. This position will be responsible for end-to-end program management, delivery, and administration on a global basis of our rewards programs. Priorities for this position include management of our global job architecture and overseeing our global total compensation plans including our cash, bonus, and benefit programs (including 401k). It’s a fun time to join this team as a lot of the building of our overall systems and total compensation approach is underway as we type this!
Success in this position requires a good mix of hands-on, operational and design experience, as well as a solid working knowledge of external benchmarks for the various total rewards mechanics. Candidates must have demonstrated project management experience, and the ability to manage multiple (sometimes shifting) priorities under tight deadlines. The Senior Manager of Compensation & Benefits will be expected to evaluate current compensation and benefits programs and strategize with executives and the broader HR Team on how they can be optimized to support a highly engaged and high-performance culture. This role reports directly to the VP of People in San Francisco.
- Manage and overall administer our global compensation and benefits programs including policies, processes and communications. Ensure the programs are market competitive and aligned with business goals. Establish a rigor to project management and roll out strategy so that roles and expectations are clearly defined to ensure deliverables are met with pristine execution.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of existing policies, guidelines, architecture and procedures with recommendations and plans for changes to drive best practices.
- Lead the cyclical merit (salary) administration, bonus and equity planning process. Develop project plan and calendar with defined roles and responsibilities. Ensure online tools are prepared to support the project; prepare comprehensive report (including gender / ethnic parity analysis) of findings and develop executive summary presentation for review with Management.
- Review benchmark surveys, analyze competitive market data and develop recommendations for updates to job architecture, salary structures and bonus targets as appropriate; propose salary increase budgets on global basis.
- In partnership with our US and International brokers, research and develop an approach for all benefit programs (including our 401k). Prepare qualitative and quantitative analytics to support the development of cost-effective benefits programs, including proposals for program changes, utilization, vendor performance, trends and program analysis. Ensure compliance with all relevant legal and regulatory requirements.
- Design and deliver compensation and benefits programs that are well understood and valued by managers and employees; develop comprehensive communications and training materials.
- Provide expertise and guidance to other members of the HR & Recruiting team; advise HR, Recruiters and Managers on pay decisions, policy and guideline interpretations, job evaluations and provide creative solutions to complex problems.
- Partner collaboratively with the HR team to develop overall HR systems and processes that support our total compensation programs.
- 8+ years relevant career experience (HR, Finance, Compensation) including a strong emphasis on global compensation and/or benefits administration.
- Demonstrated competencies in driving continuous improvement, high level of attention to detail, and project/program management.
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills including statistical analysis and modeling skills along with experience with online salary management tools.
- Strong global rewards program design skills including: competitive global rewards practices and delivery models, global job architectures and development of job profiles – including technical career ladders and associated development programs.
- Experience in designing and delivering training material within the scope of this role.
- Demonstrated ability to assess business needs and recommend rewards programs that align with those needs.
- Demonstrated and effective verbal and written communication skills; strong interpersonal and customer service skills in dealing with senior management along with all levels of employees and cross-functional teams.
- Proven experience in managing competing priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Flexible and creative, comfortable with ambiguity, organized and detail oriented in an environment where accuracy is essential.
- You have a Bachelors or Masters degree in a related field (HR, Finance, Business) and/or CCP designation highly preferred.
- You have experience with executive compensation and/or working directly with compensation committees.
- You have experience with global mobility (relocation, immigration) programs.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, and record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO. Our third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite, is currently in development.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
We’re a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, Tokyo, and Hamburg.