Narvar is Growing! We are looking for Software Engineers that focus on Distributed Systems. In this role, you will build products that power the post-purchase experience for the biggest brands in the retail industry. As a Distributed Systems Software Engineer, you will help us drive decisions on how best to scale and extend our platform and own reliability and scalability KPIs.
NOTE: We are currently hiring for multiple openings that span across numerous teams and at varying levels. With your application, you will be considered across the spectrum of our openings where we’ll look to engage and understand your interests, qualifications, and expectations to align best with our current opportunities. We look forward to engaging you in our process!
We are a remote/distributed company and you would be working 100% remotely.
- Work in a group of motivated engineers and help the members of your team grow technically
- Get inspired and influenced by your team and embrace modern engineering practices that will enable you to frequently release high-quality services
- Work with the team to design, estimate, develop and launch new products & features
- Resolve complex technical issues and drive innovations that improve system availability, resilience, and performance
What are we looking for?
- BS/MS in computer science, engineering, or equivalent experience
- Deep professional experience as a professional software engineer
- Numerous years of hands-on experience in architecture, design and development of enterprise applications, integrations & data infrastructure
- You have experience designing, developing, debugging, and operating resilient distributed systems
- You have experience with managing large, complex systems in the cloud
- You have proven track record in delivering efficient, scalable, reliable and maintainable customer facing systems on time
- You are not afraid to take initiative and help make an impact on the larger organization
- You have solid organizational and communication skills, the ability to prioritize tasks and keep projects on schedule
- Deep hands-on expertise in one or more of the following server-side languages: Java, Python, Go, Scala, Rust
- Extensive experience designing, building, and integrating with RESTful APIs
- Experience designing and scaling relational and NoSQL database platforms (such as MySQL, Postgres, Cassandra, DynamoDB, MongoDB, Redis, Elasticache)
- Experience with cloud computing platforms like AWS or GCP
- Experience building high volume, high performance, and highly available SaaS or consumer-facing products
- Previous startup experience strongly preferred
- You have demonstrated experience managing, delivering and owning the services end-to-end
- You have solid track record engaging and collaborating across the organization in different locations
- You have led the technical architecture of maintainable and scalable applications and data systems
We're on a mission to simplify the everyday lives of consumers. We believe post-purchase is a critical phase of the customer journey and that's why we created Narvar - a platform focused on driving customer loyalty through seamless post-purchase experiences that allow retailers to retain, engage, and delight customers. If you've ever bought something online, there's a good chance you've used our platform!
From the hottest new direct-to-consumer companies to retail’s most renowned brands, Narvar works with Patagonia, GameStop, Neiman Marcus, Sonos, Nike and 1200+ other brands. Through the pandemic we have pivoted and embraced a fully remote workforce where together we've served over 500 million consumers worldwide, processing 8+ billion orders last year alone over 40+ countries and across 50+ languages.
Pioneering the post-purchase movement means navigating into the unknown. Our team thrives on this sense of adventure while nurturing a mindset of innovation. We're a home for big hearts and we leave our egos at the door. We work hard but we always make time to celebrate our wins. We’ve been recognized by Fast Company numerous times as one of the most innovative companies in the world – for social good to logistics optimization. You can feel good knowing you’re working towards changing the world! Join us on our mission.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.