a little bit about us
We're on a mission to simplify the everyday lives of consumers. We believe post-purchase is a critical phase of the customer journey. That's why we created Narvar - a platform focused on driving customer loyalty through seamless post-purchase experiences that allow retailers to retain, engage, and delight customers. If you've ever bought something online, there's a good chance you've used our platform!
From the hottest new direct-to-consumer companies to retail’s most renowned brands, Narvar works with Patagonia, GameStop, Neiman Marcus, Sonos, and 600+ other brands. With offices in San Francisco, London, Paris, and Bangalore, together we've served over 400 million consumers worldwide across 7 billion interactions, 38 countries, and 55 languages.
Pioneering the post-purchase movement means navigating into the unknown. Our team thrives on this sense of adventure while nurturing a mindset of innovation. We're a home for big hearts and we leave our egos at the door. We work hard but we always make time to celebrate professional wins, baby showers, birthday parties, and everything in between.
Do you want to help us deliver a high-quality customer experience platform that will be used by millions of consumers? We’re looking for a Director of Engineering to own two critical service functions, QA and DevOps, in our Bangalore office. In this role, you will craft a QA strategy that is robust and scalable. You will develop and implement test automation plans and procedures that are integrated into the development process. You’ll build, deploy, and scale SaaS/cloud applications on AWS and GCP. You will also define deployment process standards and implement a quality assurance process. This is a highly collaborative role that will require a close partnership with the software and product teams to develop quality software development and deployment standards.
what you’ll do
- Deploy and orchestrate multi-cloud, multi-datacenter infrastructure on AWS and GCP
- Build high-performance, highly available, elastic, and secure solutions using microservices architecture
- Implement effective CI/CD processes and pipelines
- Metrics, logging, analytics, and alerting for performance and security across all endpoints and applications
- Proactively support 24x7x365 production and disaster recovery data center operations
- Provide QA engineering and support function for product development and for various customer implementations
- Provide DevOps support function for development engineering teams
what we’re looking for
Strong leadership experience and engineering background
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or relevant technical discipline
- You’re an outstanding leader with a bias towards action
- You’re results-oriented, value excellence, and can raise the bar for your team
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills and have a track record of working effectively with product engineering and other functions
- You have 3+ years of experience managing people and mentoring junior and senior talent
- You have strong people management and empowerment skills with the ability to multiply the effect of your reports
- You have the ability to effectively exercise soft influence with peers
- Experience and proven record in managing global teams across time zones (US, UK, and India)
- You can attract and hire talent to build a strong team
Strong experience with the DevOps function
- You have 3+ years of DevOps experience enabling engineering teams in a cloud environment
- Experience building, deploying, and scaling SaaS/cloud applications on AWS or GCP
- Exposure to infrastructure-as-code frameworks such as Terraform and Ansible
- Experience with Docker containers and orchestration platforms such as Kubernetes
- You’re familiar with microservices, distributed services, and serverless architectures
- Familiar with streaming technologies like Kafka or Pulsar
- Knowledge of data engineering and experience with big data and NoSQL technologies
- You have experience maintaining applications in a Linux environment
- You’re proficient in scripting languages like Python and Bash
- Knowledge of IP networking, network security, firewalls, and DDoS mitigation
- Excellent background in cloud, virtualization, distributed architecture, network and storage, application performance, security monitoring, and resolution
Strong experience with the QA function
- You have 5+ years of hands-on testing and QA experience building reliable test automation frameworks
- Expertise in automation (Performance, API, and UI) and test framework development, with familiarity of state of the art tools.
- Expertise in developing and maintaining functional, regression, integration, and end-to-end tests
- You can define and refine QA processes and procedures and implement best practices in the QA function
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.