a little bit about us
We're on a mission to simplify the everyday lives of consumers. We believe post-purchase is a critical phase of the customer journey. That's why we created Narvar - a platform focused on driving customer loyalty through seamless post-purchase experiences that allow retailers to retain, engage, and delight customers. If you've ever bought something online, there's a good chance you've used our platform!
From the hottest new direct-to-consumer companies to retail’s most renowned brands, Narvar works with Patagonia, GameStop, Neiman Marcus, Sonos, and 500+ other brands. With offices in San Francisco, London, and Bangalore, together we've served over 306 million consumers worldwide across 5 billion interactions, 38 countries, and 50 languages.
Pioneering the post-purchase movement means navigating into the unknown. Our team thrives on this sense of adventure while nurturing a mindset of innovation. We're a home for big hearts and we leave our egos at the door. We work hard but we always make time to celebrate professional wins, baby showers, birthday parties, and everything in between.
As a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer, you'll build out our products and systems (databases to APIs to UXs). You'll help drive decisions on how best to nurture our products, mentor and grow other engineers, and build robust, reusable, and maintainable code.
what you’ll do
- Architect, design, and implement features across multiple areas of our products and platform
- Partner with product managers, designers, and other engineers to solve open-ended problems and create roadmap solutions
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment using agile practices and work on rapidly evolving products
- Contribute to and optimize our engineering practices and processes
- Communicate thoughts through writing and presentations to your team
- Multiply the effect of your team by investing in them through code reviews, talks, and/or building tools and frameworks
- Drive operational effectiveness and tooling
what we’re looking for
- You have a BS/MS in computer science or equivalent experience
- You are comfortable working across frontend and backend systems to build maintainable and scalable applications
- You have 5+ years of experience as a professional software engineer
- Expertise in one or more of the following server-side languages: Java, Python, Ruby, or Node.js
- You have solid experience building and integrating with REST APIs
- You have data modeling and SQL skills (Postgres, Redis, Elasticache)
- You are a driven self-starter who loves working on a dynamic team
- Experience building high volume, high performance, and highly available SaaS or consumer-facing products
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.