a little bit about us
We're on a mission to simplify the everyday lives of consumers. We believe post-purchase is a critical phase of the customer journey. That's why we created Narvar - a platform focused on driving customer loyalty through seamless post-purchase experiences that allow retailers to retain, engage, and delight customers. If you've ever bought something online, there's a good chance you've used our platform!
From the hottest new direct-to-consumer companies to retail’s most renowned brands, Narvar works with Glossier, Home Depot, Neiman Marcus, Sonos, and 550+ other brands. With offices in San Francisco, London, and Bangalore, together we've served over 306 million consumers worldwide across 5 billion interactions, 38 countries, and 50 languages.
Pioneering the post-purchase movement means navigating into the unknown. Our team thrives on this sense of adventure while nurturing a mindset of innovation. We're a home for big hearts and we leave our egos at the door. We work hard but we always make time to celebrate professional wins, baby showers, birthday parties, and everything in between.
We’re looking for a Revenue Analyst to scale our accounting function and support our rapid growth. You’ll report to the Accounting Manager and will play a key role in the day-to-day revenue accounting, billings, reporting activities, and will help implement controls, processes, and systems to enable Narvar to meet operational, reporting, and audit requirements as we scale.
what you’ll do
- Responsible for timely and accurate completion of all month, quarter, and year-end revenue-related close items.
- Partner with sales and legal teams in the review and evaluation of deal structures to analyze the impact of customer terms and conditions, communicate the revenue impact of those terms, and offer alternatives if available.
- Review contracts and analyze revenue recognition arrangements to ensure accordance with US GAAP and company policy.
- Perform audits of sales orders for proper revenue recognition/amortization of deferred revenue, data entry, and billing accuracy.
- Assist in reporting, including revenue analysis and metrics.
- Prepare ongoing process and policy documentation and write-up of internal controls
- Assist the finance team with ad hoc research, reporting, and projects as it pertains to revenue and AR
- Interface with outside auditors on revenue and related technical accounting positions
- Ad hoc projects as necessary
what we’re looking for
- You have a bachelor's degree in accounting or related field; CPA or CPA candidate a plus
- You have 4 to 7 years work experience with at least 2+ years of revenue recognition experience at a startup/high-growth SaaS company
- You have a working knowledge of multi-element arrangements, sales reserves, and SSP analysis
- You have a strong understanding of accounting theory and GAAP
- You’re detail oriented and able to prioritize and meet tight deadlines
- You have strong communication and organization skills
- You’re proficient in Netsuite and Microsoft Excel
- You’re passionate about accounting operations and are willing to roll up your sleeves
- You possess a growth mindset and have an insatiable desire to grow and learn
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status