a little bit about us
We're on a mission to simplify the everyday lives of consumers. We believe post-purchase is a critical phase of the customer journey. That's why we created Narvar - a platform focused on driving customer loyalty through seamless post-purchase experiences that allow retailers to retain, engage, and delight customers. If you've ever bought something online, there's a good chance you've used our platform!
From the hottest new direct-to-consumer companies to retail’s most renowned brands, Narvar works with Glossier, Home Depot, Neiman Marcus, Sonos, and 500+ other brands. With offices in San Francisco, London, and Bangalore, together we've served over 306 million consumers worldwide across 5 billion interactions, 38 countries, and 50 languages
Pioneering the post-purchase movement means navigating into the unknown. Our team thrives on this sense of adventure while nurturing a mindset of innovation. We're a home for big hearts and we leave our egos at the door. We work hard but we always make time to celebrate professional wins, baby showers, birthday parties, and everything in between.
As the Director of Product Management, you will report to the VP of Product and manage a passionate team of PMs. You and your team will be responsible for a portfolio of core Narvar applications, such as shipment tracking, product returns, customer care, bidirectional multi-channel communication, analytics, and chatbots. Our ideal candidate will have already led teams to build successful SaaS products – both mobile and web - in agile software development environments. You will guide new product development through all stages of the product lifecycle, from identification of customer needs and product definition through development, launch, and sustainment. This is a highly cross-functional role and you will work closely with engineering, marketing, sales, customer success, professional services, and business operations teams. You will be responsible for shaping our overall product strategy and roadmap, working closely with the executive team to support achievement of company business objectives.
In short, you will be awesome.
what you’ll do
- Lead and inspire a team of talented product management experts, enabling high performance and removing obstacles to attainment of their objectives.
- Attract and develop top talent, paving the way for the next generation of product management leaders.
- Guide development of the product strategy and roadmap for a broad portfolio of client- and consumer-focused (B2B2C) solutions.
- Facilitate decision-making across cross-functional teams to deliver products that drive aggressive user and business growth.
- Oversee PM efforts across products/teams from ideation through launch, and continuing through ongoing maintenance and support.
- Serve as a driving force for innovation in the client and end user experience, while offering the simplest and best UX for hundreds of millions of consumers.
- Deliver insightful product recommendations to business leaders and the executive team in a persuasive and thoughtful manner.
- Implement best-in-class product management processes to increase team velocity, quality, and accountability.
- Build consensus and effectively influence senior-level stakeholders.
- Catalyze action against recommendations in a prompt, efficient manner.
- Monitor market conditions and the competitive landscape in the rapidly changing retail and logistics spaces, and identify key issues impacting our product pipeline.
what we’re looking for
- You have 5+ years of experience in product management working directly with design and engineering teams in agile software development environments
- Bachelor’s degree required, degree in computer science or related field preferred, and MBA a plus
- You have significant growth-stage startup experience
- Familiarity with retail and/or logistics a plus
- You have an impeccable track record of creating innovative and winning SaaS solutions for B2B2C platform teams
- Established history of developing and implementing innovative product management processes
- You can articulate a vision and strategy in a way that inspires and motivates a team and focuses their energy on achieving business goals
- You’re a creative thinker who can generate and execute on innovative product ideas
- Skilled in providing analysis and estimation of the strategic and financial value of new products and features
- Demonstrated ability to build and lead a team of high-performing product managers
- You’re a strong and recognized leader that people want to follow
- You have an empowering and engaging management style
- You have exceptional oral and written communication skills
- You have a great sense of humor with the ability to laugh at yourself!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.