a little bit about us
We're on a mission to simplify the everyday lives of consumers. We believe post-purchase is a critical phase of the customer journey. That's why we created Narvar - a platform focused on driving customer loyalty through seamless post-purchase experiences that allow retailers to retain, engage, and delight customers. If you've ever bought something online, there's a good chance you've used our platform!
From the hottest new direct-to-consumer companies to retail’s most renowned brands, Narvar works with Glossier, Home Depot, Neiman Marcus, Sonos, and 500+ other brands. With offices in San Francisco, London, and Bangalore, together we've served over 306 million consumers worldwide across 5 billion interactions, 38 countries, and 50 languages.
Pioneering the post-purchase movement means navigating into the unknown. Our team thrives on this sense of adventure while nurturing a mindset of innovation. We're a home for big hearts and we leave our egos at the door. We work hard but we always make time to celebrate professional wins, baby showers, birthday parties, and everything in between.
We’re looking for a Payroll & HRIS Manager to own and continually improve our payroll, human resources information systems, and other related processes. You will report to our Senior Director of People Operations and be responsible for HRIS management, payroll entry and reporting, employee relations, policy creation and implementation, and compliance. Confidentiality of all employee, department, and organization information is a key element of this role.
what you’ll do
- Manage setup, data input, updates, and reporting in our payroll & HRIS systems - including data entry for new hires, terminations, and employee changes
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of payroll input and output
- Maintain all backup documentation for payroll and employee files
- Serve as a resource for employees and answer questions related to their employment and experience at Narvar
- Think strategically about our evolving needs and align our people-related systems to support those needs
- Support other People Operations projects as needed
what we’re looking for
- You have 2+ years of payroll experience
- You have a full understanding of federal and state payroll and employment regulations
- You’re familiar with HRIS platforms
- You’re detail-oriented, highly organized, and able to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
- You have strong mathematics skills, an analytical mindset, and can assemble reports
- You have strong collaboration, communication, and customer service skills
- You have excellent computer skills, including Excel
- You’re trustworthy and can handle sensitive and confidential information
- Bonus points for experience with international and multi-state payroll, Zenefits, Gusto Payroll, benefits administration, or equity administration
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.