At MullenLowe we put creativity at the center of everything we do.
We are a culture of makers who are committed to craft and always hungry for what’s next.
We are entrepreneurial in spirit, disarmingly honest and embrace out of the box thinking with different points of view.
We are on a mission to do great work that drives our clients’ business and shapes their brands.
Work that is modern, disruptive and in culture.
Work that people will talk about and share with their friends. And most of all, great work that makes you think and feel something.
If you’re looking to have impact in building a creative culture of belonging, this is the place for you!
Summer 2023 Internship – Illustration & Design
MullenLowe internships are designed to provide interns with agency experience as if you were a junior full-time hire. In short, all interns across disciplines will be integrated into teams working on live briefs and client work. All interns will have the benefit of being matched with a manager and buddy to shadow and learn on the go. A weekly seminar series offering a robust overview of how an agency runs is another unique opportunity to learn and ask questions. We encourage each intern to take full advantage of events and programming that coincide with your time at the agency to get a feel for our culture and network with our teams. It is our job to provide the best environment for you to learn and yours to maximize and make the most out of this advantage. Start your career journey with us by reviewing the job description below and applying!
Come join the Creative Department, which is the heart of the agency because it’s where the work is made, and ideas turn into something that live in our world and part of culture. As an Illustration & Design Intern, you’ll be paired with a Senior Designer at the agency with the opportunity to work on real client briefs and can hopefully add something to your book by the end of the internship. Candidates must have an online portfolio of their work to be considered for the opportunity.
- Works closely with Designers, Art Directors, and Copywriters to concept and elevate ideas through craft on a wide range of integrated advertising campaigns (corporate identity design, logo design, collateral, packaging, social, websites, mobile apps, etc.).
- Obsesses over typography, photography, layout, and presentations.
- Works both independently and collaboratively with other people across multiple departments to bring projects you can be proud of to life.
- Creates high quality illustrations that communicate story through evocative, dynamic compositions with a strong sense of rendering.
- Performs administrative tasks as needed by the Creative department.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred or in progress; or equivalent work experience.
- Experience: Previous experience or internship in advertising, marketing or related field preferred.
- Must be available to work internship dates of 6/7/2023 - 8/11/2023.
- Portfolio: Must have an online portfolio of work (can include student work and/or spec work)
- Software: Expert in Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and other Adobe Creative Suite applications; experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Keynote, and Google G-Suite applications preferred.
- Communication: strong written and verbal communication required
- Soft Skills: Strong organizational skills, ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment, close attention to detail, and ability to think critically.
- Has an eye for design.
- Proactive, entrepreneurial spirit.
- Curiosity and interest in the advertising/marketing industry.
*We are creating an office experience that is hyper-flexible and brings people together by creating moments that matter. Which is why the internship will be hybrid remote/in-office. You will need to be local or willing to relocate yourself to Boston, New York, or LA. The salary range for this position is $16-20/hour.
The work is never perfect, so how could we ask that of our applicants? What we do seek out at MullenLowe are original thinkers with a thing for unconventional ideas that solve tomorrow’s big problems. Is that you? Check doubt at the door and apply for the roles that will excite and challenge you in new ways.
At MullenLowe U.S., we believe openness is fundamental to creativity. We’re open to different approaches, perspectives, and ways of thinking that come from working with people from diverse cultures, ethnicities, and sexual orientations, and we don’t believe we can get to the best place creatively without them. We strongly encourage women; Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC) individuals; LGBTQ+ individuals; people with disabilities; people of all ages and religion; members of ethnic minorities; foreign-born residents; and veterans to apply.
We do not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Black At MullenLowe:
We signed a pledge with In For 13 to be the change we want to see in the advertising and production industry by elevating the representation, inclusion, and advancement of Black talent across our agency. We stand committed to this pledge and our goals to continually evolve into a workforce rich with diversity of thought, experiences, perspectives, and people.
You must be eligible to work in the United States to be considered for this role.
This job description is subject to change at any time.
Work is regularly performed in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ACCESSIBILITY NOTICE: If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to: email@example.com - please include your location in the subject line of your email (BOS, NY, LA, WNS)
MullenLowe is an EEO/AA M/F/Disability/Vet Employer.
MullenLowe participates in E-Verify.