At MullenLowe we put creativity at the center of everything we do.
We are a culture of makers who are committed to craft and always hungry for what’s next.
We are entrepreneurial in spirit, disarmingly honest and embrace out of the box thinking with different points of view.
We are on a mission to do great work that drives our clients’ business and shapes their brands.
Work that is modern, disruptive and in culture.
Work that people will talk about and share with their friends. And most of all, great work that makes you think and feel something.
If you’re looking to have impact in building a creative culture of belonging, this is the place for you!
Summer 2023 Internship – Behavioral Science
MullenLowe internships are designed to provide interns with agency experience as if you were a junior full-time hire. In short, all interns across disciplines will be integrated into teams working on live briefs and client work. All interns will have the benefit of being matched with a manager and buddy to shadow and learn on the go. A weekly seminar series offering a robust overview of how an agency runs is another unique opportunity to learn and ask questions. We encourage each intern to take full advantage of events and programming that coincide with your time at the agency to get a feel for our culture and network with our teams. It is our job to provide the best environment for you to learn and yours to maximize and make the most out of this advantage. Start your career journey with us by reviewing the job description below and applying.
The MullenLowe Behavioral Sciences group applies analytic rigor and data-driven insight to guide the development and execution of marketing strategies for clients. Specifically, we develop strategic campaign methodologies and performance insights to inform planning/strategy, maximize marketing ROI across channels, and leverage behavioral data to ensure all work is consumer centric. We seek entrepreneurial individuals with a background in marketing performance analysis, social media analysis and a passion for translating data into actionable insight. The Behavioral Sciences Intern will play a key role in social media analytics/reporting, social listening, and consumer journey/insight development across client engagements.
- Develops a basic understanding of client’s industry, business objectives and strategy, media plans, and consumer journey to provide context for analysis and reporting needs.
- Gleans actionable insights from social data to inform social campaign optimization and reporting.
- Assists with developing and measuring marketing in collaboration with brand planning, creative, and media teams to build robust marketing strategies and in-market programs for clients.
- Generates new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience and drive growth.
- Exhibits an ability to revise tactics to support changing business strategies and direction.
- Focuses on application rather than theory and eager to dive into tinkering, creating, testing and reiterating solutions.
- Other duties as assigned
- Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred or in progress; or equivalent work experience.
- Experience: Previous experience or internship in advertising, consulting, market research or related field preferred.
- Must be available to work internship dates of 6/7/2023 - 8/11/2023.
- Interest in using advanced data analysis and research to uncover hidden insights that inform new marketing strategies for clients
- Experience with social listening and analytics tools like Crimson Hexagon, Netbase, Facebook Insights, Google Analytics.
- Fluent in using Microsoft Excel for data manipulation and analysis. Advanced formulas and automating of Excel tasks preferred.
- Software: Proficiency in MS Office applications (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, etc.), Google G-Suite applications and Keynote.
- Communication: strong written and verbal communication required
- Soft Skills: Strong organizational skills, ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment, close attention to detail, and ability to think critically.
- Proactive, entrepreneurial spirt.
- Curiosity and interest in the advertising/marketing industry.
*We are creating an office experience that is hyper-flexible and brings people together by creating moments that matter. Accordingly, this internship will be hybrid. You will need to be local or willing to relocate yourself to Boston, New York, or LA for the summer. The salary range for this position is $16-20/hour.
The work is never perfect, so how could we ask that of our applicants? What we do seek out at MullenLowe are original thinkers with a thing for unconventional ideas that solve tomorrow’s big problems. Is that you? Check doubt at the door and apply for the roles that will excite and challenge you in new ways.
At MullenLowe U.S., we believe openness is fundamental to creativity. We’re open to different approaches, perspectives, and ways of thinking that come from working with people from diverse cultures, ethnicities, and sexual orientations, and we don’t believe we can get to the best place creatively without them. We strongly encourage women; Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC) individuals; LGBTQ+ individuals; people with disabilities; people of all ages and religion; members of ethnic minorities; foreign-born residents; and veterans to apply.
We do not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Black At MullenLowe:
We signed a pledge with In For 13 to be the change we want to see in the advertising and production industry by elevating the representation, inclusion, and advancement of Black talent across our agency. We stand committed to this pledge and our goals to continually evolve into a workforce rich with diversity of thought, experiences, perspectives, and people.
You must be eligible to work in the United States to be considered for this role.
This job description is subject to change at any time.
Work is regularly performed in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ACCESSIBILITY NOTICE: If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to: email@example.com - please include your location in the subject line of your email (BOS, NY, LA, WNS)
MullenLowe is an EEO/AA M/F/Disability/Vet Employer.
MullenLowe participates in E-Verify.