At MullenLowe we put creativity at the center of everything we do.
We are a culture of makers who are committed to craft and always hungry for what’s next.
We are entrepreneurial in spirit, disarmingly honest and embrace out of the box thinking with different points of view.
We are on a mission to do great work that drives our clients’ business and shapes their brands.
Work that is modern, disruptive and in culture.
Work that people will talk about and share with their friends. And most of all, great work that makes you think and feel something.
If you’re looking to have impact in building a creative culture of belonging, this is the place for you!
We are seeking an Associate Director, Business Affairs to join our Boston team.
Reporting to the SVP, Director of Business Affairs, the successful candidate will have extensive and well-rounded agency BA experience, the ability to multi-task under tight deadlines, and the desire to work closely with creative teams, producers, and account management to create innovative and boundary-pushing work. Possessing acute negotiation and diplomacy skills, the Associate Director, BA will also be expected to contribute to the creative process as needed and offer workable creative solutions, while closely navigating risk.
- Work both independently and within group dynamics, by managing individual accounts.
- Strong mentor for junior members of the team.
- Keep communication lines open between brand, account, cost consultant, and production.
- Partner with producers to assess creative and handle all talent related aspects of production.
- Advise on all Business Affairs matters for development, production, postproduction, from a legal, financial, and strategic perspective.
- Create and negotiate music vendor agreements.
- Issue talent agreements and foreign talent contracts, including session reports and final casts.
- Skillfully navigate and advise on the entire SAG-AFTRA Commercials contract.
- Strong negotiating skills with managers and agents with overscale talent.
- Create and issue appropriate award documents, including production contract, insurance, licensing and talent agreements and vendor purchase orders.
- Work with agency legal counsel on contracts, licenses, releases, risk assessment of creative and indemnifications.
- Possess a positive attitude, be a team player, and keep a calm and clear head during stressful situations.
- Four-year degree is required.
- At least five to eight years of experience as a BA Manager in an advertising agency.
- Detail-oriented, organized, strong communication skills, can-do attitude, calm disposition, and a team player.
- Good time management skills.
- Ability to multitask.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Diplomatic problem solver.
- Self-motivated, takes initiative, quick learner.
- Ability to work independently, but knows when to ask for help.
The work is never perfect, so how could we ask that of our applicants? What we do seek out at MullenLowe are original thinkers with a thing for unconventional ideas that solve tomorrow’s big problems. Is that you? Check doubt at the door and apply for the roles that will excite and challenge you in new ways.
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination prior to start date, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
At MullenLowe U.S., we believe openness is fundamental to creativity. We’re open to different approaches, perspectives, and ways of thinking that come from working with people from diverse cultures, ethnicities, and sexual orientations, and we don’t believe we can get to the best place creatively without them. We strongly encourage women; Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC) individuals; LGBTQ+ individuals; people with disabilities; people of all ages and religion; members of ethnic minorities; foreign-born residents; and veterans to apply.
We do not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Black At MullenLowe:
We signed a pledge with In For 13 to be the change we want to see in the advertising and production industry by elevating the representation, inclusion, and advancement of Black talent across our agency. We stand committed to this pledge and our goals to continually evolve into a workforce rich with diversity of thought, experiences, perspectives, and people.
You must be eligible to work in the United States to be considered for this role.
This job description is subject to change at any time.
Work is regularly performed in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ACCESSIBILITY NOTICE: If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org - please include your location in the subject line of your email (BOS, NY, LA, WNS)
MullenLowe is an EEO/AA M/F/Disability/Vet Employer.
MullenLowe participates in E-Verify.