Senior Data Strategist, Data + Insights
We’re in search of a Senior Data Strategist (Contract) to join any of our three offices: Denver, Los Angeles or NYC. The right fit will be a leader with deep experience in social, a strong communicator in internal and client-facing capacities, and most importantly, able to craft stories using data that lead to strategic insights that truly impact the business of high-profile clientele.
You’ll be an excellent fit if you’re able to lead junior team members as well as lead cross-department initiatives, you understand (and have strong opinions on) the best metrics for evaluating social success (and you’re able to be honest and tactically deliver social misses), and you’re not afraid to dive into the work of down-and-dirty data evaluation. On any given day you might be working with the creative team (communicating optimizations to make the work better); the business strategy team (working closely to use data to shape brand strategy); the project management team (leading data-driven projects) and the internal leadership team (helping to shape the department moving forward). What will be a constant is leading both ongoing reporting and strategic thinking for the agency.
You’d be reporting to the Group Director of Data and Insights and joining a team that includes Social Data Strategists to support and share insights across accounts and responsibilities. You’d also be working extremely closely with a world-class paid media team to analyze the paid media impact on every brand we work with.
We work closely with leading brands that span across a variety of industries and global markets. Delivering business results through bespoke creative and unexpected collaborations, rooted in strategy and data, is what drives our continued success. We believe in true partnership, team collaboration, non-stop hustle, and a good whiteboard session. We take great pride in a company culture grounded in the entrepreneurial spirit and personal growth. We’re a group of passionate creative thinkers here, with a point of view and fresh perspective. Come join us!
- Proactive, self-starter who is able to take on and own client account work and projects.
- Leads and mentors junior team members to continually improve upon data analysis and strategic implications
- Organizes and prioritizes projects and clients to deliver stellar work as quickly as possible (and makes sure to carve out the time and energy to make the best possible work – even if that means managing up to agency leaders and clients)
- Critically analyzes the unique consumer, cultural implications, client categories and the companies we’re working with through quantitative and qualitative measures
- Knows current and emerging digital platforms better than everyone else you know, including best practices and trends that are integrated into strategic recommendations and reports
- Creates work that distills multiple sources of information into a cohesive story; works closely with all departments and generates/provides insight to all team members
- Thinks strategically about how data is presented, not just resting on a “report” but always thinking about and providing the most impactful presentation of data, no matter what that looks like
- Pushes to make everything better: yourself, your reporting, our relationships with clients and the work we’re producing
- At least 5 -7 years in social media data analysis within an agency environment
- Must be a leader – able to persuade, manage, and mentor across multiple experience levels
- Strategic thinker at the core with the ability to identify insights and build compelling stories from data
- Ability to create and present client-facing work ranging from hands-on clientele to high-level C-suite
- Experience creating a compelling story from the data in each presentation, incorporate inputs from various departments, as well as presenting internally and to senior-level clients
- Must be able to utilize agency’s current tools as well as drive recommendations for supplemental/replacement tools that will drive agency capabilities forward
- Hands-on and recent experience with data tool stack in the following categories:
- Social listening (at least one of the following: Netbase, Brandwatch, Crimson Hexagon, etc.)
- Site analytics (at least one of the following: Google Analytics, Adobe Catalyst, app analytics, etc.)
- Native social analytics (all of the following: Facebook Insights, Facebook Business Manager, Twitter Insights, Instagram Insights/Iconosquare or similar, etc.)
- Data aggregation/visualization (at least one of the following: Sprinklr, Domo, Datorama, etc.)
- Competitor trackers (at least one of the following: RivalIQ, Social Bakers, etc.)
- Syndicated audience research (at least one of the following: MRI, Simmons, GlobalWebIndex)
- Must be able to create measurement plans from scratch, including KPI definition, benchmarking, goal setting/forecasting and lead ongoing reporting, ensuring understanding and application of optimizations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Maintain high standards and impeccable attention to detail across internal and external deliverables
- On top of the latest industry trends, breakthrough creative campaigns, and emerging technologies
- You’re proactive and naturally curious about the digital space, constantly looking for opportunities
- You are passionate about the work you do and treat your client’s business as if it were your own
- You make others’ jobs easier (no matter who they are or what they do)
- You create a positive and open environment when around others
- Your attention to detail is unmatched
- You’re the hardest worker in town
- You know how to hustle
- You have a diverse and inclusive perspective
Movement Strategy is an Equal Opportunity Employer