Head of Influencer Marketing
Position: LA, NYC, or DEN
Movement Strategy is an independent social media agency. Now in its 13th year, with 100+ employees across offices, we produce groundbreaking work for partners including Netflix, Klarna, Amazon Prime Video, WarnerMedia, and others.
We’re in search of a lead for the Influencer Marketing Department. This team is responsible for strategizing influencer programs/campaigns, building and maintaining relationships with influencers and most importantly providing a bespoke and tailored approach to influencer-brand collaborations and activations that are authentic, collaborative and culturally progressive . This is a core piece of what we do and a place where we have been a leader within the industry. The right person for this role will take what we have done and help us scale and optimize to position us as truly being the industry leader in this space.
We are looking for a leader with deep experience and passion for social media, a strong communicator internally and externally, and most importantly, someone with a vision and ability to lead our team and our clients to best-in-class influencer collaborations.
We work closely with leading brands that span across a variety of industries and global markets. Delivering business results through innovative content and creative ideas rooted in strategy and data is what drives our continued success, in addition to the amazing relationships we build with our clients. We take great pride in a company culture grounded in our seven core values, none more important than surrounding ourselves with great people which includes a commitment to diversity and inclusion throughout the agency.
You’ll be an excellent fit if you’re able to lead team existing team members as well as lead cross-department initiatives, have a vision for how to structure our Influencer Marketing team and position it to scale, and you have some big wins under your belt for bringing brand influencer programs to life through highly collaborative and effective strategies on social media. What will be a constant is leading a team responsible for day-to-day execution of influencer strategy, activation, performance reporting, collaboration with other departments and being the thought-leaders behind bringing our client’s brands to life through award-winning social media activations.
You will be reporting to the agency President and leading a team of Junior to Senior level Influencer & Communications Strategist.
- Own and manage the Influencer Marketing department organization structure in a scaling agency or department
- Develop and implement plans and objectives for the department in an effective and innovative fashion
- Develop department staffing allocations to retainer scopes and project scopes
- Effectively lead the department to develop team members’ performance, coach team on achieving goals, and demonstrate the desired skills and expected work ethic
- Ensure best-in-class Influencer collaboration through processes and tactics that are implemented and maintained with clients
- Leading and participating in internal briefings, creative brainstorms and strategy development
- Supporting and presenting strategy plans to clients as well as helping the team with executing on deliverables.
- Managing talent conversations and negotiations for client initiatives and campaigns
- Identifying and creating meaningful relationships with influencers, content creators, and talent agencies on behalf of the agency and its clients
- Supporting new business pitches and opportunities
- Knowing current and emerging digital platforms and influencers/tastemakers
- Pushing to make everything better: yourself, your leadership, our relationships with clients and the work we’re producing
- At least 10+ years in social media marketing at an agency, publishing, client side or a mix
- Worked within an advertising/creative agency or brand
- 6+ years in a management role
- Managed a team of at least 10 people, preferably more
- Previous leadership role on notable activations with large and reputable brands
- Ability to implement Influencer activation, collaboration and reporting processes that are scalable and malleable
- On top of the latest industry trends, breakthrough creative campaigns, and emerging technologies
- Ability to present client-facing work ranging from hands-on clients to C-suite
- You’re always learning about the digital and social media space, constantly looking for opportunities. You jump on new platforms like Clubhouse and House Party
- You have a diverse and inclusive perspective
- You have a vision for how brands can be innovative in collaborations and partnerships within the social and digital space
- You inspire your team through your work ethic, approach and eagerness to collaborate
- You are passionate about the work you do and treat your client’s business as if it were your own
- You create a positive and open environment when around others
- 100% employer contribution for health, vision and dental
- 401k plus discretionary match
- Unlimited Pay time off
- Unlimited Work from Home (Post Covid)
- Life insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Support for continued education
- Commuter benefits (NYC)
- Anniversary Bonus Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Movement Journey – Stipend for continued education or personal growth
- Amazing colleagues!
Movement is an Equal Opportunity Employer