Associate Project Manager, LA
Position: Full Time
Movement Strategy is an independent social media agency. Now at its 12-year, with 85+ employees across offices, we produce groundbreaking content for partners including Netflix, Klarna, Amazon Prime Video, WarnerMedia, and Under Armour.
Our Associate Project Managers is primarily responsible for facilitating the routing of internally approved assets to clients for review and feedback. On a day-to-day level, this means ensuring all of the team’s tasks are achieved with the highest level of efficiency and all work/projects stay on schedule and budget and supporting the Project Manager and Senior Project Manager on project needs. From a bird's-eye view, you’ll be constantly working with your Project Management counterparts in creating, evolving, and implementing processes and tools to help produce the best work.
You’ll report to the Senior Project Manager while working closely with the other project, content, account, and creative leads.
WHATS ON YOUR MIND:
“I’ll support my team and help figure out how to get it done.”
KEY FOCUS AREAS
- Problem-solving: above all, your strongest skill should be the willingness to address challenges and provide pathways to solutions. You may not readily have all the answers, but you’re the first to raise your hand and figure out how both yourself and the team can get the task complete.
- Team: you will manage multiple projects, supporting internal cross-functional teams throughout project lifecycles, including social content, campaign development, influencer strategies, event activations, etc. You’ll attend and may, from time to time, be responsible for running internal team-status, stand-ups, and always knowing where we stand with each project.
- Deliverables: you’ll ask the right questions on projects, large or small, and help push projects through each milestone. Support your PM and Senior PM with creating and seeing timelines through and you’ll continuously look to see where the team can improve in achieving each step in a timely/realistic manner.
- Managing daily deliverables across multiple teams
- Tracking projects against timelines for all projects
- General understanding or familiar with reviewing SOWs for both projects and client-retainers
- General experience with managing budgets, resourcing planning, and mitigating against scope creep or non-scoped projects.
- Some experience with drafting contracts and paperwork for partner-vendors
- Familiar with reviewing and analyzing staffing plans with department leads
- Providing clear communications to both internal and external teams
- Understanding and experience with social-digital platforms, emerging tech, website and app development, print projects, production shoots, and experiential activations
- Receiving constructive feedback and revisions
- Organizing and managing multiple projects with many moving parts
- 1-2 years of experience managing projects, coordinating teams, and/or other planning-related duties, preferably in the social/digital space
- Ability to remain calm and collected in hectic situations, yet assertive when needed
- An understanding of current social/digital platforms (at least with scoping/managing projects)
- Experience with project & time management software preferred (i.e. Asana, Harvest, Toggl, BaseCamp, Dropbox, Trello, etc.)
- Proficient in Apple/Google/Microsoft tools
- Entertainment experience is a plus
- You’re proactive and naturally curious about the digital space, constantly looking for opportunities
- You are passionate about the work you do and treat your client’s business as if it were your own
- You make others’ jobs easier (no matter who they are or what they do)
- You create a positive and open environment when around others
- You are detailed oriented
- You’re the hardest worker in town
- You know how to hustle
- You have a diverse and inclusive perspective
- You are proactive
- You’re a team player
- 100% employer contribution for health, vision, and dental
- 401k plus discretionary match
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Unlimited Work from Home (Post COVID)
- Life insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Anniversary Bonus Program
- FSA - Flexible Spending Account
- Support for continued education
- Health and Wellness program
- Commuter benefits (NYC)
- Movement Journey – Stipend for continued education or personal growth
- Amazing colleagues!
Movement Strategy is an Equal Opportunity Employer