About Modern Health
Modern Health is a mental health benefits platform for employers. We are the first solution to cover the full spectrum of mental well-being needs through both evidence-based technology and professional support from a certified coach or therapist. Whether someone wants to proactively manage stress or treat depression, Modern Health guides people to the right care at the right time. We empower companies to help all of their employees be the best version of themselves, and believe in meeting people wherever they are in their mental health journey.
We are a female-founded company, backed by investors like Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, John Doerr, and Y Combinator, and partner with companies like Pixar, Gusto, Okta, EA, and Nextdoor that are taking a proactive approach to mental health care for their employees. Modern Health has raised more than $42 million and is looking for driven, creative, and passionate individuals to join in our mission.
An inclusive and diverse culture are key components of mental well-being in the workplace, and that starts with how we build our own team. If you’re excited about this role, we’d love to hear from you!
The benefit of working at a start-up is that you'll be given lots of responsibility and the opportunity to have true ownership as we build out the product. This is a unique opportunity to use your coding powers to make a direct impact in people's lives. We need a back-end engineer who can pick up and understand complex technical areas quickly, is enthusiastic about building new products, and can write scalable/high-performance code on the backend. There are three roles we’re hiring for:
- InfoSec - Work alongside our information and security team helping to identity, investigate, and remediate security issues. This includes building new features to help keep our platform safe and secure.
- Digital Content and Tools - Build new experiences to deliver features such as interactive programs, meditations, and new tools to inspire habitual real-world change and action.
- Ops Productivity - Help scale our growing network of internationally-certified coaches and therapists by equipping our operations teams with world-class products and systems that ensure our members and providers are able to receive and deliver outstanding care.
This role will initially report to the VP of Engineering.
- Build and maintain the backend of a GraphQL API written in Django 2
- Engineer efficient and reusable systems that drive complex web and mobile applications
- Maintain HIPAA and GDPR compliance and general security through best practice implementation
- Tackle tough design and product problems
- Work collaboratively with design and product to deliver delightful user experiences
- Write and maintain technical documentation, unit tests, and integration tests
- Python, Django, Flask, aiohttp
- PostgreSQL, Redis
- React, TypeScript, Redux, Webpack
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) including ECS, RDS, Cloudfront, etc.
- 5+ years of relevant industry software development experience (not including internships) in one or more general purpose programming languages
- 2+ years of production experience in Python and Django strongly preferred
- Experience building and maintaining GraphQL and/or REST APIs
- Experience with scaling relational databases (e.g. PostgreSQL) and writing performant queries
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with a distributed development team
- Passion for building something to improve the lives of others
Bonus points if you have experience in...
- Linux system administration
- Working at a high growth startup
- Working on SaaS software
- Working in Health Tech or HR
Other reasons why you’ll love working at Modern Health…
- 100% coverage for Medical / Dental / Vision
- Stipend towards mental health
- 401k plan
- Flexible PTO
- Passionate team dedicated to making a positive impact
- Awesome office with snacks and catered lunch in the Financial District (when we can return to offices)
- Generous parental leave
- Unlimited career growth opportunity