Minitab is looking for a high performing Senior Software Quality Engineer that has a passion for quality and testing. Additionally, this high performer will show a high level of autonomy, a professional curiosity, and an eagerness to find new ways to improve the product they are working on but also love working as part of highly collaborative team.
Perform advanced testing tasks requiring planning, scheduling, and testing to assure that developed products and supporting components meet design specifications and are within total quality management limits and standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Work as part of a project team with particular emphasis on both user-view testing, regression testing, and statistical verification.
Participate in the development of new features; including design reviews, test strategy design and execution, documentation reviews, code reviews, unit testing, and coding tasks.
Develop and execute test plans for new or enhanced features in developed products and supporting components, including white and black box test strategies.
Develop, verify, and maintain software testing tools and output, including automated test frameworks, scripts, and utilities.
Develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of areas in developed products and supporting components.
Develop and maintain technical expertise in testing tools, techniques, and processes.
Serve as lead on larger development projects and be able to handle the coordination of simultaneous development and/or testing tasks.
Assist less experienced engineers with problems regarding testing approaches, application knowledge, and technical knowledge.
Research and recommend improved testing tools, techniques, and processes.
Advocate for testable frameworks.
Help establish a continuous learning culture where best practices are taught, learned, and used.
Complete additional development tasks as needed.
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, AND EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor’s (Master’s Degree preferred) in I.T., Statistics, Mathematics, or a related discipline; or equivalent experience required.
· 4 to 7 years of experience in development, research, or product testing or other relevant experience. Automated or manual test experience sufficient. Experience with MySQL, Cypress and/or API testing experience desired.
· Demonstrated software testing experience and familiarity with testing frameworks. (e.g. Postman, Selenium)
· A track record of successfully completing software development tasks on schedule.
The following are also desirable:
· Working knowledge of Minitab software and/or other competitor packages.
· Experience with source control systems such as Team Foundation Server or GitHub.
· Experience using an agile development process.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
· Good investigative and problem-solving skills with excellent attention to detail.
· Proven ability to think logically and methodically.
· Above average computing skills.
· Ability and initiative to work effectively on both independent and team-effort software projects.
· Ability to speak, read, write, and understand the English language.
Mentor entry level software engineers and lead small development efforts, as assigned by the Manager, Quality Engineering.
Minitab is a Federal contractor and is following all applicable COVID-19 vaccination requirements.