Work with Minitab’s product development teams to understand their challenges, identify actionable solutions, and guide them to utilize the most effective systems, techniques and practices. Implement and maintain the software applications and systems that support the Software Development Lifecycle with limited supervision. Assist with the research and analysis of new tools. Train and support developers on systems that improve their development environment.
- Gain an understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle at Minitab so you can provide support and improvements across all the collaborative systems including source control, build, and testing systems.
- Liaise with appropriate Operations and Development personnel in the procurement, implementation, support, and maintenance of software development tools.
- Assess product development requirements to optimize build and test environments. Configure and support this equipment and virtual/cloud infrastructure and monitor/improve its utilization throughout its lifecycle.
- Work with engineering teams to support and anticipate their needs for enabling an agile environment and execute the necessary changes and new systems, scripts, and applications in a timely and maintainable manner.
- Provide automation to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the engineering teams.
- Assist in championing the adoption and understanding of new software development tools.
- Participate in the review and analysis of the effectiveness of current software development tools. Make recommendations to improve use and end user efficiency.
- Manage security settings and user access to software development tools and environments.
- Document and educate end users and new employees on systems and tools.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Statistics, Mathematics, or a related discipline or equivalent experience.
- 1-3 years of progressive commercial software development and/or Information Technology experience.
- System administration experience, preferably with cloud infrastructure and SaaS integration.
- Working knowledge of a variety software development tools and environments.
The following are also desirable:
- Working knowledge of common scripting like python, bash, powershell and maven.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure, source control administration, continuous integration/build systems, project tracking software, the Visual Studio development environment, and other commercial software development collaboration packages.
- Experience in both the Information Technology and Software Development disciplines.
- Experience giving technical presentations and providing formal technical training to software professionals.
- Administrative experience in Microsoft Windows and Linux environments.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to work well in a team of skilled software professionals.
- Ability to research and evaluate new software development tools as well as upgrades to current tools.
- Ability to provide training on new technologies and products to the software development staff.
- Strong communication skills and an outgoing personality that support effective interaction with software developers at all levels.
- Ability to speak, read, write, and understand the English language.
Minitab is a Federal contractor and is following all applicable COVID-19 vaccination requirements.