The primary focus of a Solution Engineer (SE) is to become a domain expert in Minitab’s products, solutions, and markets (both industry and functional areas), enabling him/her to effectively discover, develop, position and differentiate Minitab’s unique value proposition to both prospects and customers. The SE role is focused on supporting the mid-market & enterprise sales teams on multi-product and solution based sales opportunities as a member of the Virtual Account Team by contributing to and executing on opportunity plans leading to the generation of software license/subscription, maintenance, services and training bookings. Provide sales support to the sales teams through the delivery of in-depth discovery sessions, customer presentations & demonstrations, both face to face (on-site) and through web conferencing. In addition, the SE will provide technical support for delivery & maintenance of demonstration solutions, represent Minitab at various trade shows and events, and provide competitive intelligence to marketing. The SE will report to a Solution Architect who will be responsible for the onboarding, training and mentoring of him/her. Considerable travel is required for this role (50-60%).
- Support sales team in proactive discovery, assessment and close of new opportunities through the successful execution of CEL.
- Position Minitab to win new business within the account by developing, communicating and supporting effective selling strategies that are based on well-defined customer-specific value propositions.
- Routinely discuss and communicate opportunity plan sales strategy and appropriate action items with other members of the virtual account team.
- Continuously gather knowledge of competitors and how to effectively position Minitab solutions against them.
- Leverage and effectively communicate Minitab’s solutions within the accounts to broaden Minitab’s footprint and create new opportunities by challenging the customer/prospect with tailoring for resonance and teaching for differentiation.
Account Team Leadership
- Understand what technical resources are required within the virtual account team for opportunity success in all assigned accounts.
- Lead the technical strategy and participate in internal virtual account team meetings, and communicate with virtual team members to ensure successful execution of strategy.
- Participate as needed in transition meetings within the account, to ensure proper and consistent communication with customer and virtual customer support and services team during deployment and optimization as defined in Minitab’s CEL. Always present “one face” to the Customer.
- Provide input to Development for product enhancements as driven by market needs and customer base requirements
- Provide input and assist with Marketing for appropriate messaging and positioning for Minitab solutions, including content for both marketing and field enablement material.
- Fully engage and absorb all Minitab provided field enablement content with the approach that you will never know everything you need to know.
- Develop an Individual Business Plan that will include your business and personal goals and objectives for growth within Minitab and your overall career. Discuss, confirm and review on a regular basis with your manager.
- Continue to build and grow personal knowledge foundation as detailed below for success within Minitab’s market.
- Seek out sources, content, knowledge outside of Minitab provided enablement regarding general business trends, career advice, etc. that will increase your overall business & technology acumen as a professional solution Engineer.
- Fully comply with all published Minitab personnel, security, sales, and contract policies.
- Ensure all information within CRM is updated accurately and timely in full compliance with Minitab’s CEL, pipeline and forecasting guidelines.
- Accurately complete in a timely manner expense reports in compliance with Minitab’s documented travel and expense policy.
Experience: 1-3+ years of work experience preferred using analytics and/or data mining software, such as Minitab, SPSS, JMP, SES, Python, R, or similar products.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required in statistics or data science. Masters is preferred in statistics or data science related.
NOTE: Mandatory vaccination is required for all positions that require person-to-person contact with customers, partners, and vendors.