Create compelling copy for a highly technical audience that positively influences potential leads, builds long term relationships with our current customer base, and establishes Minitab as an industry thought leader across the globe. Develop marketing content, such as how-to overviews about using Minitab products, customer stories, and blog articles that bring insights from Minitab’s technical experts to a more general audience. Bring a passion for writing, creativity, multimedia, and hands-on technology to help Minitab tell its stories.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Take a thematic approach to global content. Write concise, engaging, semi-technical content that expresses the brand voice and personality. Find the right language to captivate, capture, and cater to various customer audiences across many different mediums for technical products in a B2B environment.
Create copy and manage content:
- Write, edit, and proofread communications copy for technical accuracy and to ensure consistency of brand messaging, positioning, and value proposition.
- Collaborate with global marketing manager, product managers, and subject matter experts across the organization to develop original global content that supports marketing campaigns for lead generation, lead nurturing and brand awareness.
- Prepare compelling messaging and content for promotions across various channels that supports strategies and brand awareness.
- Mine content from trainers, consultants, etc. to leverage their knowledge in-market.
- Plan content for campaigns based on the customer buying journey (i.e., suggest types of content that will progress prospect from awareness to selection and purchase).
Enhance, refine, and drive a consistent, compelling voice across channels:
- Develop content that is technically accurate, which often includes collaborating with subject-matter experts to conceptualize and review the material.
- Able to translate technical information, such as from documents or interviews with researchers, into easy-to-understand articles for a variety of audiences.
- Optimize global content for regional use (localization) across all sales stages, in all channels (tradeshow/events, email marketing, social media, advertising, sales enablement tools, etc.).
- Evaluate finalized copy for compliance with policies, style, and tone.
- Write, edit, and proofread website content, blogs, case studies, marketing emails, and press releases.
Measure and Learn:
- Keep internal portal tools updated with current digital versions of content published.
- Seek and integrate customer feedback and test results to optimize content and language.
- Working within a content team to lend your editorial expertise as writer, editor, and content strategist
- Evolve content themes to continue to engage target audiences.
- Stay up-to-date with emerging content best-practices and solutions.
- Highly comfortable interviewing customers and technology experts
- Able to quickly learn about new technology products and concepts
- Provide leadership in the region by mentoring and supporting other members of the marketing content team.
- Willingness to advocate for content—using experience, customer insights, and data to pitch and persuade people on a content idea
- Administration of our social media platforms day-to-day activities.
- Participate in campaign and brand story ideation.
- Develop and post content on the intranet and public website pages, including services, news, events, articles, and speaking engagements, as needed.
- Develop and issue press releases as needed.
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism, public relations, or related field, or equivalent experience is required.
- At least 6 years’ of previous work experience in a B2B company with technical writing for a marketing and sales environment and technical product and/or software copy and content development experience is required.
- Able to explain technical subjects, such as programming languages or database administration, to a semi-technical audience.
- Experience with Content Management Systems (CMS) repositories that support easy authoring and retrieval of content.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft and Adobe platforms (Word, PowerPoint, InDesign, etc.).
- Project management experience including scheduling, planning, and managing projects to completion is a plus.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Excellent creative writing and editing abilities.
- Excellent oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and to create and maintain project lists and timetables for a large team with strong attention to detail.
- Highly motivated, willingness to think outside the box, and work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Highly organized, accurate, thorough, and able to assume diverse responsibilities in a fast pace environment with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to interface cross-functionally.
- Comfortable working in a multi-lingual and multi-cultural environment.