Unique Opportunity to Build a Customer Success Department from Ground Up.
The Manager, Customer Success is a manager role for the Global Customer Success Team that has direct reporting responsibility for the Americas Customer Success Team and indirect management responsibility for the EMEIA and APAC Customer Success Managers. Under general supervision from the Sr. Director Global Customer Success, the Manager, Customer Success provides design, development, maintenance of the Customer Success Function. They will be responsible for alignment and execution of the Customer Engagement Lifecyle (CEL) post sale in partnership with the Sr. Director Global Customer Success. These duties range from creating Customer Health tracking models, development of Quarterly Business Review Model (QBR), Customer Success Playbooks, and developing day to day activities for the Customer Success Managers. In addition, he/she will manage the Analytics and Technical Engineer Teams responsible for Technical Support to successfully execute on the vision.
- Define and optimize Customer Engagement Lifecycle (CEL) by driving programs and initiative to improve engagement approaches based on customer segmentation and leading a culture of continuous improvement.
- Oversee lifecycle processes/touchpoints, including documentation, customer profile design, (e.g., on usage, NPS).
- Develop company-wide customer success motion integrating processes, content and data to/from stakeholder organizations (e.g., Marketing, Sales, Product/Engineering, etc.).
- Determine how to define, drive, and demonstrate quantifiable value (ROI).
- Provide monthly analysis of product adoption, NPS scores, etc.
- Implement a method/system to analyze customer health data + track ROI at scale.
- Work with Customer Success Operations Manager to determine a process for giving the executive team ongoing access to performance metrics, noting key gaps and successes.
- Understand why customer attrition is occurring and implement a process to remedy.
- Partner with Sr Director, Global Customer Success to set the overall vision and strategic plan for the Customer Success organization, focusing on driving product adoption, leading a positive customer experience, and driving growth through gross renewals and net retention improvements.
- Ensure that Customer Service Managers understand our customers' objectives and are delivering on them.
- Reduce churn and drive new business growth through greater advocacy and reference ability.
- Partner with Customer Success Operations Manager to develop company-wide customer success motion integrating processes, content and data to/from stakeholder organizations (e.g., Marketing, Sales, Product/Engineering, etc.).
- Work closely with the sales management and Regional Directors to align on strategies, renewal forecasting, coverage plans, and account opportunities (i.e., opportunities and risks).
- Define and launch Customer Success onboarding and training.
- Manage customer escalations from your direct reports and follow a methodical escalation process to executive management.
- Provide management to the Technical Engineers and Analytic Engineers.
- Improve the effectiveness of Technical Support department by removing roadblocks while looking for opportunities to improve departmental processes.
- Partner with Lead, Analytics Engineer and Lead, Technical Engineer to mentor and train new team members.
- Ensure an environment amongst the Customer Success Team that encourages collaboration, information sharing, team-based resolutions, and a focus on resolving customer issues as quickly and effectively as possible.
- Partner with Lead, Analytics Engineer and Lead, Technical to delegate team member participation in cross-functional and process team meetings; where applicable.
- With guidance from Sr Director, Global Customer Success define and monitor metrics that measure departmental effectiveness.
Deployment Oversight- Lead a team of 3 Customer Success Managers, 2 Team Leads and overall team of 18.
- Partner with Lead, Analytics Engineer to ensure deployment of products that are deployed by the Analytics Engineer team:
- Are completed according to our process
- Documented appropriately
- Completed in a timely manner and on budget as part of our CEL
- Partner with Lead, Analytics Engineer to enhance, when necessary, deployment methodology, process, and customer experience to allow for maximum ROI for our Customers
- 5-10 years in a customer success role, implementation or Support of an enterprise SaaS product
- 2 years in a leadership role that included managing and mentoring a team as a manager or team leader
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university (MBA a plus)
- Leadership skills and the ability to provide daily coaching and feedback on operational performance metrics
- Experience with most of the following areas: Capacity/workforce planning, disciplinary/corrective actions, change management, employee career development, training and development, and performance feedback and coaching
- A proven track record of aligning staff, processes, and systems to drive customer loyalty
- A focus on outcomes and able to drive team goals to align with company goals
- Demonstrated experience in the day-to-day activities of the Customer Success Function such as delivering QBRs, monitoring Customer Health Scores, developing Playbooks to improve Customer Value
- Capable of providing support services to enterprise-level companies
- Strive for constant progress and provide a continual evaluation of processes and procedures
- Experience and desire to lead a technical services staff.
- Servant leadership style, a real caring for others and you're passionate about setting your team up for success, supporting employee relations issues, and making sure they have the resources they need to do their best work.
- Must be willing to travel to Company HQ's in State College, PA and other global customers sites as needed.
- Work comfortably and respectfully across diverse cultures and customs.
This job can be 100% remote.