The Mesh team is a group of innovators and leaders on a mission to make payments smarter, smoother, and more secure. We believe in building a transparent and dynamic world, and we highly invest in our people, customers, and product. We have a flexible work model, connecting people from multiple locations including the US, Europe, and Tel Aviv. We’re rapidly growing and always looking for talented people to be part of the Mesh team to help shape our product and culture. Join us on this journey in building the future of corporate payments!
We are looking for an Assistant Controller to join our rapidly growing company and support our continued global growth. As an Assistant Controller at Mesh you will help the finance department and the company to maintain a clear visibility of the financials ,ensure efficiency in the execution of all things related to finance, accounting, and taxation.
The position requires a high level of responsibility, analytical thinking, criticism, and thoroughness.
What Will You Do
- Contribute to the team’s mission to improve data flows, optimize our processes, and ensure financial output is accurate.
- Responsible for supporting the day-to-day finance activities, local and global.
- Analyze financial data from various sources and build financial reports to support the team's activity.
- Be part of implementing accounting policies, procedures and internal controls to support the company’s needs.
- Take part in monthly, quarterly and annually closing process and ensure accuracy of financial records including bank reconciliations, accounts payable, accruals, revenue recognition, payroll journal entries and fixed assets
- Prepare materials and manage the payroll cycle for the Israeli entity - working with an external payroll provider and Social Benefits agency.
- Supervise the intercompany reconciliation balances and transactions.
- Record day to day financial transactions and complete the posting process.
- Record prepaid expenses and amortization.
- Assemble information for external auditors and tax advisors for the annual consolidated audit and tax returns (for all locations).
- Fixed assets - Additions, Deductions, and Depreciation JEs.
- Analyzing and reconciliation of all general ledger, prepaid, and accrued expenses.
- Additional responsibilities for special projects as they arise.
What Should You Have
- Degree in Accounting and CPA license - a must
- High level of English, both verbal and written - a must.
- Expertise with Excel – a must
- Experience working with Netsuite - an advantage.
- Experience from big 5 - an advantage.
- Understanding of Israeli Tax Laws and VAT reporting guidelines - an advantage.
- Experience working in a multi currency company - an advantage
- Knowledge in consolidation reports and business combination.
- Understanding of both financial and operational controls.
- Extremely organized and detail oriented.
We want to make sure everyone has an equal chance to participate and make a difference. Mesh is an equal opportunity employer and prioritizes building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants of any type and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job-related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state, and local laws. Mesh’s policy is to comply with all applicable laws related to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.