What is Menyala?
We are a venture building team founded by Temasek, a global investment firm headquartered in Singapore.
Established in 2022, we are on a mission to empower builders to drive technological shifts.
We have researched opportunities in the areas of Creator Economy, Gaming, Blockchain/Web 3, Virtual Worlds & Experiences, Financial Services, and subsequently funded and launched 2 startups to market in our first year.
What is the Role?
We are seeking a highly motivated Investment Research intern to join our team and assist in assessing the venture building landscape. In this role, you will be responsible for researching and identifying various operating models adopted by venture builders, as well as creating a point of view on opportunities to partner or collaborate with these venture builders.
- Conduct market research and analysis on the venture building landscape
- Identify and document various operating models adopted by venture builders
- Create a database of venture builders, including key information such as their portfolio, investment size, and geographic focus
- Conduct interviews with venture builders to gain insights into their operating models and partnership opportunities
- Analyze data to identify trends and opportunities in the venture building landscape
- Create a point of view on opportunities to partner or collaborate with venture builders
- Prepare reports and presentations for internal and external stakeholders
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Business, Finance, Economics, or related field
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- Knowledge of the venture capital and startup ecosystem is a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
This is a paid internship position that will run for a minimum of 3 months, with the possibility of extension based on performance and availability. If you are passionate about the venture building landscape and want to gain hands-on experience in this field, we encourage you to apply.