VALUE PROPOSITION: Mental Health Center of Denver provides you with the support you need to help you develop a career in helping others succeed. We innovate, adapt, and leverage the diverse perspectives of the people on our team and the people we serve in everything we do.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY & INCLUSIVENESS: The Mental Health Center of Denver values and is strengthened by diversity. We are committed to ending bias and discrimination in our community and ensuring equity within all aspects of our organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, transfer, or promotion opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Position Title: MSW student intern/extern
Location: Resource Center, and Denver skilled nursing facilities
Brief Program Description: MHCD Team 300 is a team of 6 LCSW’s, 2 psychiatrist and various additional staff, our focus is on nursing home residents with an average age of 60 years old; individuals who have a behavioral health disorder that require a higher level of care due to symptom severity and complications with medical issues. Team 300 collaborates to support and encourage increasing independence in our clients. We have several supervisors available currently.
Title and Hours required:
MSW Student, 15-20 hours, 9-12month commitment, position openings; flexible
Minimum Qualifications and # of openings:
Must have clinical skills and desire training in a demanding mental health setting.
Several openings on Team 300
Student Supervisor’s Credential Level:
Bachelor’s Degree- prefer MSW concentration year
- Concentration year preferred, however willing to meet with first year student if: o You are a self-starter
o Have life or work experience with this population
o Are comfortable working independently as well as collaborate on IDT.
o MUST be able to be flexible and calm in crisis situations.
Description: Intern/extern will use treatment models when providing therapy for consumers who experience depression, anxiety, bi-polar, childhood and adult trauma, PTSD, substance abuse, borderline personality disorder, schizophrenia and other mental illnesses. Student will also learn how to provide these services from a strengths-based recovery perspective, as well as work in an organization that values the well-being of employees.
- Provide individual psychotherapy with clients to provide support and insight.
- Facilitate group therapy sessions within a nursing facility.
- Coordinate clinical care with case management services and other services both inside and outside of MHCD.
- Assess clients throughout the workday and provide appropriate interventions.
- As part of a multi-disciplinary system, help facilitate the treatment and continuity of clinical care.
- Document all significant client interactions toward recovery and continuity of care.
- Complete necessary clinical documentation and notes timely.
- Advocate for acceptance and integration of individuals with mental illness within the neighborhood and community in which they live.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Learn what it is like to work at the Mental Health Center of Denver:
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Contact for student: Lindsey McCarthy, LCSW